We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradise View Hotel versus Tropicana Hotel

Which Mykonos Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
Paradise View Hotel versus Tropicana Hotel

Both hotels are near Paradise Beach. The prices for both correspond with our budget but we are trying to decide which to stay in. It's a group of girls going in the first week of September and we chose Paradise Beach area so that we can party as well as enjoy the rest of the island. However, we want to stay somewhere safe and close enough to the beach, restaurants, etc.

Which would you recommend that we stay at?

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,812 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradise View Hotel versus Tropicana Hotel

If I were you I wouldn't stay at Paradise Beach. There is little in the way of restaurants there. The only partying is at Tropicana Club from 5.00 p.m. and the two big nightclubs which aren't open every night. Paradise View Hotel is a bit isolated - it's not on the beach, but quite a climb up the road. Tropicana Hotel wasn't there last year, this is the first I have heard about it.

The best place to stay is in Mykonos Town. That's where most of the nightlife is. It's easy enough to get a bus to Paradise Beach and other beaches during the day and on the nights when the big clubs are open at Paradise Beach there are buses all night.

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradise View Hotel versus Tropicana Hotel

Excellent!!! Would you say the same if we are staying just over the weekend from Friday to Sunday? Stay in Mykonos town?

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,812 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradise View Hotel versus Tropicana Hotel

The choice is yours, but I would stay in town. The eating possibilities at Paradise Beach are all geared to day-time so they're all self service or take-aways. There are no proper tavernas. The only places to stay are the 2 hotels you have found, neither of which are very big, and the camping site.

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradise View Hotel versus Tropicana Hotel

Thank you soooo much! I'll let the group know for sure. This is very helpful!!!!

5. Re: Paradise View Hotel versus Tropicana Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2015, 06:16