We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa near Eymet or Riberac?

Which Eymet hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
2 posts
Save Topic
Villa near Eymet or Riberac?

Hi there

We are trying to decide where to holiday for 2 weeks at the end of August and beginning of September. We have found two villas - one near Riberac and one near Eymet. Very little between them. What is the best base for a family of 4 (mum, dad, 4 yr old and 2 yr old) with a car at this time of year?

Many thanks.

3 replies to this topic
England, United...
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa near Eymet or Riberac?

Two shortcuts to help you make up your mind based on what you and your family prefer:-

tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g675411-Riberac_Dord…

tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g662771-Eymet_Dordog…

England, United...
Level Contributor
3,573 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa near Eymet or Riberac?

Since you will be staying there for two weeks and have two young children I would choose the villa that you feel most comfortable about, because that's where you will be returning to every day and spend much of your time.

If they really seem the same, then I would choose Eymet. Eymet is a nice' bastide' (old arcaded village on a grid design) of which there are quite a number in this part of France. I have visited Eymet several times. It has a pretty arcaded square and also a small ruined castle. See the tourism office website for more info:

http://en.eymetperigord.com/index2.php

Fonroque (where I understand from your other post you would plan to stay) is in principle also a bastide village but it was never finished. It's tiny - more like a hamlet really and you would need to go into Eymet or elsewhere for facilities like shops and restaurants.

From Eymet you can visit other pretty villages and sites like Issigeac, Monpazier, Castillones, Villereal, Duras, or further to the East the prehistoric sites of the Dordogne (although those would involve at least an hour's travel each way).

England, United...
Level Contributor
3,573 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa near Eymet or Riberac?

PS to my previous post:

To help you make an informed decision also have a look at the Riberac tourist office website:

http://www.riberac-tourisme.com/

Unlike the one for Eymet it is only available in French.

Reply to: Villa near Eymet or Riberac?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Eymet
Recent Conversations
More Eymet Topics