We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horse trekking in Cangas de Onis

Which Cangas de Onis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Horse trekking in Cangas de Onis

I will be in Cangas de Onis for one night in early August and my children aged 10 and 8 would love to go horse trekking. We're not regular riders but they would be happy with a one or two hour ride to see some scenery.

Does anyone have any recommendations for stables in the area?

Thanks

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
57,711 posts
3,574 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horse trekking in Cangas de Onis

EKG:

I doubt that there is any stable there. Cangas de Onis is a very small town. However it is very pretty.

O Savinao, Galicia
Destination Expert
for Galicia
Level Contributor
5,858 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horse trekking in Cangas de Onis

Benny that is quite untruthful; how did you arrive at that conclusion? With the all of that gorgeous countryside around there are loads of possibilities for riding horses.

aventurasenasturias.com/…

Asturias
Level Contributor
344 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horse trekking in Cangas de Onis

Hi Baltimore,

You'll have to excuse Benny I'm afraid.

The longest established place is El Dorado -> http://caballoseldorado.com

They do 1 and 2 hr trips. In addition they do tailored longer routes but given your experience, I wouldn't recommend them ...... you wouldn't be walking properly for days after.

Regarrds,

Mike

Edited: 24 May 2013, 17:09
Asturias
Level Contributor
344 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Horse trekking in Cangas de Onis

Just one more thing ..... if you have not stayed in the area before, we can have short intense rain in August, so make sure your children have some lightweight waterproofs in their luggage .... just in case it looks like rain on the day. There's nothing worse that being on a fixed schedule outdoors when you're soaking wet.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Horse trekking in Cangas de Onis

Thank you Mike and Casa Santo Estevo, I'll take a look at those websites. Thanks too for the weather tip Mike - we'll be sure to pack our waterproofs.

6. Re: Horse trekking in Cangas de Onis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Cangas de Onis