We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places of interest near Aegean Aparthotel

UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Places of interest near Aegean Aparthotel

My husband and I will be staying in this hotel from 10th-24th June. Most days we will probably just go to the beach or go for walks but we'd like two or three days out somewhere.

We like:

- museums

- ruins

- old buildings

- beautiful parks/gardens

- boat rides or anything to do with water, really

We are open to suggestions. I would prefer not to hire a car, I'd find it very stressful driving in another country!

Any replies are very much appreciated :)

Nottingham
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places of interest near Aegean Aparthotel

My Wife and I are staying from 10th June too. Cant wait!!!!

Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
810 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places of interest near Aegean Aparthotel

a nice cultural experience could be the local open air markets that usually take place on weekdays at most villages, so you could visit one of these for half a day. There is also a nice Byzantine tower at Fokies to visit, however I am not sure if it is open inside, so make sure you ask your hotel some info abou this.

Moreover, the Petralona Cave which is around 50mins away from Kriopigi could be a beautiful visit as it is such a beautiful and well preserved cave. I would suggest a visit to Athitos, which is a beautiful little village and it will offer you a nice escape for your day. Furthermore, another fantastic stone built traditional settlement, placed at Sithonia (the middle peninsula) is Parthenonas. Amazing views, great food, it will offer you something different. You need to drive there, otherwise it might be a pain to get a bus to Nea Moudania, then a bus to Neos Marmaras and then a taxi to Parthenonas. So, if you rent a car for a day, you could see some really beautiful places at Sithonia.

Plust I know for sure that there are daily cruises from Kallithea and Pefkohori (if not mistaken) to Sithonia and specifically Neos Marmaras, so you can spend a day on the boat and at Neos Marmaras without having to drive. However , this limits you to just a specific place.

In case you need/want to drive, I would advise you not to worry, as it is pretty straight forward to go from the Kassandra peninsula to the Sithonia peninsula.

These are just a few ideas on my side.

Hope you enjoy yourselves.

Yiannis

3. Re: Places of interest near Aegean Aparthotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Kriopigi
Recent Conversations