We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thessaloniki Airport to Oranoupolis - Taxi or Bus??

Essex
Level Contributor
107 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Thessaloniki Airport to Oranoupolis - Taxi or Bus??

My daughter and her partner are taking an early summer break at the Akti Ouranouplois Hotel arriving on the 30th June. They have never been to this part of Greece and it is many years since I last visited the Thessaloniki area. What are the thoughts for the transfer from airport to Hotel...taxi or bus? What are the likely costs for either option?

8 replies to this topic
Thessaloniki, Greece
Destination Expert
for Thessaloniki
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Thessaloniki Airport to Oranoupolis - Taxi or Bus??

Bus: First of all,take a taxi to Ktel Halkididis(the bus station for departures to Halkidiki) and then hop on the bus..More info here: www.ktel-chalkidikis.gr/index.php…

Taxi:Take a look here: www.taxi-thessaloniki.com/index-2_en.html

Grigoris

Essex
Level Contributor
107 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thessaloniki Airport to Oranoupolis - Taxi or Bus??

Fantastic stuff Grigoris!

They had already decided that they wanted to take the Bus to Oranoupolis...enthralled with my tales of some 30 years ago backpacking around the islands! So the heads up on a taxi to Ktel Halkidikis is useful. They were talking about bussing back, but I pointed out that a 2-2.5 hour journey to the airport with gates closing at 12.00 it would probably be more sensible to go by taxi! I think they agree!!

Once again thanks Grigoris...I may well be back to pick your brains again!!

John

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thessaloniki Airport to Oranoupolis - Taxi or Bus??

many thx Gragoris

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thessaloniki Airport to Oranoupolis - Taxi or Bus??

Hi, where si the thessaloniki bus station?

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thessaloniki Airport to Oranoupolis - Taxi or Bus??

Hi, where is the thessaloniki bus station?

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thessaloniki Airport to Oranoupolis - Taxi or Bus??

We did the trip last September as far a Tripiti (for Ammouliani). The current bus fare is about 14€ one way and the KTEL Chalkidikis whilst being quite close to the airport involves changing buses to get there. Taxi more preferable. The published price for a taxi to Ouranoupoli will be about 180€ although it is possible to negotiate that down to about 140€ which is what we did. To Tripiti it took about 1.5 hours in the taxi as opposed to 2.5 in the bus. After an early morning start from the UK the extra cost of the taxi seemed worthwhile.

7. Re: Thessaloniki Airport to Oranoupolis - Taxi or Bus??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 March 2016, 17:05

8. Re: Thessaloniki Airport to Oranoupolis - Taxi or Bus??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2016, 15:50

Reply to: Thessaloniki Airport to Oranoupolis - Taxi or Bus??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ouranoupolis
More Ouranoupolis Topics