We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Village Turkey- wedding

3 posts
Save Topic
Holiday Village Turkey- wedding

Hi we are traveeling to HV in September to get married and wanted a bit of advice from anyone who has been married here or been to a wedding.

Iv been reading on here we can translate our documents into turkish in the uk but have been told by FC it has to be done in Turkey itself is this true?

Jacuzzi suite are they worht it?

evening reception, what happens is there any extra costs once over ther?

Photographer been advised to go to him myself instead of arranging through FC as a lot cheaper?

Last one we have 68 ppl travelling pics of gazebo in brochure dont look too big are they big enough?

Thanks any info would be a great help

Sarigerme Diving
Scuba & Snorkeling
Panda Tours
Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Sarigerme Tours
Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Boat Hire
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Village Turkey- wedding

While we didn't actually get married there, we did ours on a beach in Australia, so sort of know what happens, and we witnessed a couple of weddings while we were at HV in early june, so hopefully I can answer a few of your queries-

They seem very well set up for weddings, so I 'm sure that you will have a facilitator who should help things to run smoothly, and I'd say that there's plenty of room for 68guests as the gazebo is a reasonable size ( about 50 meter x 50m I reckon).

I'd also be mindfull of the heat, I'm not sure of the sept temps, but it was 40+ centigrade when we were there in june, so I'd factor these thoughts into the dress code! I was told that one couple got married in a white bikini and trunks! Now there's a thought!

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Village Turkey- wedding

we have been to hv twice and are getting married in august their. i think it will be big enough for 68 . we are are taking 40. will let you know.

yes we were going to get our translated over here but you cant.

we are leaving our photographs till we get their then sorting it, the photographer is really good.

jacizzi suite are on their own pool and bigger then the norm.

hope this helps

Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Village Turkey- wedding

We have just returned got married July 21st you go to Izmir for documents to be translated cannot be done here. Evening reception is a extra fiver a head. But worth it photographer is fab. Any more questions happy to help. We had a fab wedding and would reccomend first choice and donna their wedding co ordinator x

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Village Turkey- wedding

hi we are getting married in june next year ....never been there but it looks fab ....did everything go as planned ??? would it be cheeky if you have any pics to look at of where you got married.....im dying to see thanks if yes i can give you my email address

thanks tara

Neath, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Village Turkey- wedding

im thinking of getting married here nxt september would love to look at photos of a wedding here, cant seem to find any! was alo wondering how close it is to bars and resturants etc. any help would be great my email is heatherscalf@hotmail.co.uk

cleveland UK
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Village Turkey- wedding

We are due to get married in HV in turkey on May 6th or 7th. We heard that FC suggest that you can share the taxi to Izmir and half the cost of travrl to get documents. Can anyone let us know if this is true and if there is anyone looking to go for translation on 5th May 2011 please let me know on here and i will give you my email address. Also if anyone has any photos of their big day they are willing to share it would be great to hear from you as we are so nervous

Many Thanx

3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Village Turkey- wedding

hello im looking to get married here i was wondering how long it takes to sort out all the right documents and what are the charges of the photographer etc thankyou xx

3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Village Turkey- wedding

hello does anyone have prices please of all the extras available and who they booked there wedding with please thankyou xx

Lincoln, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Village Turkey- wedding

Hi we are in the early stages of booking our wedding at the Holiday Village for August next year, just wondered if you could tell me whether I am likely to have any probs getting my prefferred date also wondered what trip to Izmir is like, sounds a bit of a nightmare. Hoping you can put my mind at rest.

I look forward to your reply :)

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday Village Turkey- wedding

i got my preffered wedding date im getting married this year on 6th october..its a full day to sort out all ur documents ive been told that the taxi driver that the hotel uses knows exactly where to take u and does most of the talking for u. i really cant wait now, below ive an e-mail off the wedding co-ordinator .................great to hear from you and first and foremost Congratulations on your engagement and forthcoming wedding - personally I cant wait to meet you both and plan your special day together.

I am unable to confirm the time for the wedding until you arrive in resort, this is because the registrar wont confirm the time until a few days before the wedding. However, I have scheduled your wedding for 5pm on the 6th October, this is unlikely to change but I have to make you aware.

For those guests that you have coming to the wedding who are booked into srrounding hotels. They will have to pay for a day pass on arrival to the hotel, the cost for this is 45 Euros per adult and 25 Euros per child (aged 7 -15years.) This entitles them to the All Inclusive facilities at the hotel. This will also mean that these guests can join your evening reception meal.

We have 3 A La Carte restaurants for you dine in for your evening reception meal. We have an Italian, Turkish and Asian, I have eaten in them all and they are all delicious. During our arrival meeting I will show you all of the menus and can show you the private room that you will be in to enjoy the meal separate to other guests at the hotel.

All of these restaurants are free of charge and they come as an extra reservation to the 3 visits you already get.

We do have a Steakhouse ( The Harmony Restaurant) in the Tropical Hotel that you can use. It is a payable restaurant but again we can go through prices and menus of this when you arrive. As it isn't open at the moment I don't have the prices to give you yet.

I have to tell you that the hotel charge a standard decoration fee for the reception room, this costs 8.00 gbp per person. I have tried to get around this charge but they wont accept a wedding party any other way. This charge will be payable to myself during our arrival meeting.

We will spend an hour and half at the wedding gazebo, this is enough time for the ceremony to take place, cut the cake, have your pictures taken and of course enjoy a few drinks. After this, you can either spend time in the chill out bar. This isn't separate to yourselves but is very quiet, it will almost feel like your private venue. Or, if you would prefer you can go straight to the evening reception meal - this is what most couples do if there wedding is at 5pm.

The photographers onsite at the hotel are excellent, they take stunning pictures and are very friendly too. I have attached a price list of some of the packages they offer.

We have a few different hair dressers that we can use for hair, makeup and nails and of course the groom can get a famous Turkish shave. We will discuss prices and show you pictures of hair-ups etc during our arrival meeting together and then I will book the relevant appointments for you.

If you want to share a car with another couple to go to Izmir the cost will be 315.00 total for the return taxi. They are standard cars so you would have 3 adults in the back and 1 adult in the front, of course if you would like to upgrade the car for more space then we can find out the supplement for this. .

This price is payable to myself during our arrival meeting. I also need authorisation from the other Bride & Groom you would like to share with. If you let me know of there Surnames and arrival or wedding date I will be able to contact them and arrange this for you.

Some nice little touches to make your day unique to yourselves are to provide favours or table decorations i.e.. napkins in your colour scheme. If you have anything like this please can you bring it with you as these decorations can be difficult to buy in this area of Turkey.

If you have any particular music you want to be played at the wedding gazebo and there is a particular song that you have chosen to walk in to please can you bring these on a CD. I have plenty of music to play if you haven't got any preferences.

I really hope that this has helped you, remember that I am here for absolutely anything so if you have any other questions or queries or you just want me to help put your mind at rest please don't hesitate to email me

Get answers to your questions about Sarigerme