We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sarigerme Market what currency

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Sarigerme Market what currency

We're going to the Hilton in Sarigerme on 30 September. Just read some posts that the market is held on a Sunday and worth a visit. What currency do the traders prefer, Lira, Euros or English.?

Sarigerme Diving
Scuba & Snorkeling
Panda Tours
Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Sarigerme Tours
Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Boat Hire
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
338 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sarigerme Market what currency

Any as long as its money, they will ask you what currency, ie Lira, euro and pound and then they will tell you the price - did you see that write up recently re your whisky????

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sarigerme Market what currency

Turkish Lira is preferred but they will accept almost any currency, just make sure you know the exchange rates if using euros etc.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sarigerme Market what currency

Thanks for your help, I'll be taking a little calculator with me and have some euros left from another holiday which I'll also take and will probably get some Lira. I imagine they prefer that for tips anyway.

Nclemad, yes I did see the review, those are all brands that Brian likes and I was pleased to read the comments that the wine was good. Also pleased to read that they have at least made one bar for adults only. We've got nothing against kids, we have 2 young granddaughters, one of which lives, with us but when you want to relax later in the evening, it will be nice not to have tired little ones around. I'm also looking forward to a few lie ins, instead of being woken up at 6am.

Not that I should wish what's left of the summer away but I'm really looking forward to 30 September, starting off with the airport lounge we get courtesy of Thomsons.

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sarigerme Market what currency

It was recommended to me by a Scottish girl who is married to a Turk to always take English money to the markets. She told me that you get more for your money that way and its always worked for us.

Enjoy your holiday.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sarigerme Market what currency

Hi there

this will be our second trip to the holiday village, the first time around we had taken mostly Turkish Lira, though everywhere we seemed to go and shop asked for the English pound first. Even at the sunday market, some stalls were offering better deals by paying stirling, so this time around we are taken very little Lira and nearly all Pounds...

hope this helps :-)

6. Re: Sarigerme Market what currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2011, 07:31
Get answers to your questions about Sarigerme
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now