We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Sarigerme facilities - few questions

Which Sarigerme hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Sarigerme facilities - few questions

Hi, My husband & I and my brother & sister in law are staying at the Hilton for one week from 30 September, have booked separately through Thomson and have emailed the hotel to request adjoining rooms in a quiet area, as has been suggested by others on this forum.

Has anyone asked the hotel to put something in their room if they are celebrating a birthday or anniversary and have they obliged - cost?

Assume they provide pool towels, hairdryers and a minibar with at least some free drinks but just wanted to check. Have also read others have struggled to book at the a la cartes when you want to book for 4 from a room with 2 persons so assume we need to book through Guest Relations.

Anyone else going there at the same time? Any tips from anyone that has been gratefully received. Have noted there are some reasonable brands of spirits included in the AI and that the wine is quite decent - all sounds good. Can't wait now.

Abergavenny, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Sarigerme facilities - few questions

Hi

We were at the Hilton from the 13th to 20th September and my wife's birthday was on the 17th. I emailed gr@hiltondalaman.com to arrange an a la carte restaurant for the evening and for a cake. They replied that this would be arranged and all worked out well and there was no charge. They also delivered a fresh fruit platter to the room.

Pool towels are provided which you change at the towel stalls around the grounds. There is a hair dryer and iron etc. The complimentary minibar only contained local beer, some soft drinks and water.

We failed to book an a la carte on the first try because I did not understand one of the options on the automated system (the only way to book) but afterwards we were successful every time. You must ring at 09:28 as the tables are filled within a few minutes and you can only book up to the number of persons in your room and if there are no tables left for this number the system goes on to ask if you would take a table with other people. Always answer yes to this as even if you only want a table for two the system will split the table later. I think that to sit with other rooms you should contact guest relations after you book and they will consolidate.

The free house wines - one red, one rose, one white and one sparkling were all OK. The complimentary all inclusive drinks are marked on the menu with a red asterisk.

The free section of the spa which consists of an indoor pool, hammam, sauna, steam room, (cold) jacuzzi, showers and locker rooms were good and mostly quiet. There is a 20% discount on spa treatments between 9am and 2pm.

We had a wonderful time. The rooms were a slight disappointment compared to the photos but still very good and the resort facilities exceeded expectations by quite a bit. We hope you also have a wonderful time.

P.S. We stayed at the Jazz Crystal when you stayed at the Almaza in April / May.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Sarigerme facilities - few questions

Hi Alun

Thanks so much for the information. They did respond to my email to put something in my sister-in-law's room for her birthday but it would be great if we could ensure an a la carte booking to so I'll try that. What a coincidence that you were at the Jaz Crystal next door to our hotel at the same time in April. Don't suppose you're heading to Mexico next April?

The reviews are pretty good on the Hilton, apart from the service in the buffet restaurant. Somebody else suggested we grab a waiter to find us a table and then leave something on it whilst we get our food as apparently they don't have anyone to show you to a table. Did wonder if it's worth tipping as they did seem to appreciate that in Egypt and then seen keen to look after you when they see you again. I haven't got my currency yet but have a few Euros left and was going to get some Turkish Lira.

Thanks again for the advice.

Andree

Abergavenny, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Sarigerme facilities - few questions

Hi Andree

The secret to the buffet service seems to be that the nearer you are to the buffet the better the waiters. The 20 or so tables parallel to the buffet seemed to be the best and these would fill first. So to get one of these you would have to go at opening time or at the time the table turns.

The waiters do not always serve the same tables and if they did they cannot reserve a table for you so tipping early could not get you any benefit. Its a lot bigger and more chaotic than the Almaza but the food is much better with more variation. There are a couple of girls to show you to a table but they are mostly useless and people just bypass them.

We have not booked as far ahead as April but we are going to Sandals in Cuba at the end of November. When we went to Mexico we stayed at the Moon Palace.

We are happy to answer any more questions.

Kind Regards

Alun + Marie

oxford
Level Contributor
193 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Sarigerme facilities - few questions

hi we are at the hilton at the moment, the booking system now allows you to book with other rooms for the a-la-cartes. We have not seen any problems with the buffet tables are cleared promptly and the service has been good.Food is also good. everything is provided and they now use crabtree and evelyn bath and shower which is replenished daily. Allm in all it is a very good hotel and we have no complaints at all

Have a good trip

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Sarigerme facilities - few questions

thanks Alun and honeyham. It sounds as if things have improved with the buffet restaurant service now and the a la carte booking system. That seemed to be the two things that everyone complained about in their reviews so hopefully, we won't have any issues. The hotel itself looks amazing, can't wait now, started sortiing out the clothes for packing but need to thin it out a bit.

Honeyham, is it still warm in the evenings. Do most men wear long trousers?

thanks

Andree

oxford
Level Contributor
193 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton Sarigerme facilities - few questions

Hi

yes it is still warm in the evenings, no need for long sleeves. Long trousers are advised for restaurants and indoor bars. There are only 4 a-la-cartes still open and one of the snack bars has now closed so not much lunchtime choice

Hope you enjoy your hol

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
918 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton Sarigerme facilities - few questions

thanks Honeyham, keep checking what is going into the cases and trying to decide what to take. Off in the morning, can't wait.

8. Re: Hilton Sarigerme facilities - few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Sarigerme
Recent Conversations