We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Palace Jandia-Urgent, booking tomorrow!!

Sleaford...
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Palace Jandia-Urgent, booking tomorrow!!

If we were to not upgrade our room to sea view what sort of view could we expect? £300 seems an awful lot for a sea view but then i dont want to sit on my balcony facing a road either!! Also can anyone who has been to fuerte in Feb describe what the weather was like please and will it be busy in feb? Our travel agent said she would really not recommend fuerte in feb....i was under the impression fuerte and the canaries were a sunshine hol to escape to in a british winter?? Confused is not the word lol! Because of all this we have looked at cape verde isl as was told they are warmer than canaries, but the flight time is just too long for me :o( As long as i can sunbathe and swim and come home with a tan im happy im fuerte, will i get this in feb? Yes i HAVE looked at the climate site kindly provided earlier but i would like to know from people who have been there in feb!

Thanks

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
633 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Palace Jandia-Urgent, booking tomorrow!!

Although i dont have any personal experience of the jandia hotel. i can say you would be extremely unlucky not to be able to sunbathe in feb. quite fancy cape verde myself but like yourself too far too travel for a winter break especialy from scotland.

West Kirby
Level Contributor
70 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Palace Jandia-Urgent, booking tomorrow!!

hi been to fuerte the last 6 years in mid feb great weather but is cool in evening with the breeze i am going to the fuerteventura princess in jandia cannot wait ! ste

london
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Palace Jandia-Urgent, booking tomorrow!!

There is a side sea view and a full sea view at Riu Palace. Both ok but obviously the full view ones are the best, and have a pool view also. You better find out which you are paying for to avopid disappointment.

Feb weather should be ok. Better than li' ole England any way- not to mention our Celtic fringes.

Hotel is near the Jandia shopping centre - definitely jewellers there but think there was a fire recently so may shut some of it.

Very nice hotel - don't hit the breakfast (free) cava too hard.

Sleaford...
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Palace Jandia-Urgent, booking tomorrow!!

Well were all booked, decided to pay the extra for a sea view room as it would be awful to get there and end up sitting on our balcony with a view of the road!!! Have been told about the cava at breakfast, very bizarre! Think i will give it a miss! Talking of drinks at the riu palace-on half board do you get drinks included with meals? We have spent an absolute fortune on this hol and bit annoyed for that price they dont do AI so need to know if drinks included at meal times or if they are then extra too??

Ste, when do you go? We go from East Mids on 10th Feb, cant wait!

Lynsey

london
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Palace Jandia-Urgent, booking tomorrow!!

no drinks included - except b'fast cava- but food is good standard.

Sleaford...
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Palace Jandia-Urgent, booking tomorrow!!

Thats ridiculous! Even at your bog standard band b you get drinks with breakfast at least, oj, tea, coffee etc! Also heard no drinks facilities in rooms! Can see this hotel is gonna be a rip off!! 2k on a weeks hol and dont even get basics! Not good

london
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Palace Jandia-Urgent, booking tomorrow!!

No worries- thought you meant alcoholic drinks. Lots of beverages available at b'fast- teas, coffee etc plus many types fruit juices. And you can always ask for water ( not bottlled); it's reportedly safe; & free of course.

Sleaford...
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu Palace Jandia-Urgent, booking tomorrow!!

Phew lol!! Will have to drink loads at breakfast then lol! Just cant imagine alcohol at breakfast!!

9. Re: Riu Palace Jandia-Urgent, booking tomorrow!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Jandia Peninsula
Recent Conversations