We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent advice needed~medical facilities in Jandia/fuerte

Sleaford...
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Urgent advice needed~medical facilities in Jandia/fuerte

As you all know have finally booked Riu Palace Jandia. Last week i found out i am expecting a baby. Now obviously i am very nervous about going away now especially as while there i will be 8/9 weeks which is the stage i miscarried at once before. Not only that but in all my previous pregnancies i have suffered terrible sickness which is worrying me as im nervous away from home anyway with out being pregnant! I will get booked in with midwife just before we go so that at least i will have my maternity notes and can take them with me as they will contain all my medical history and pregnancy history. Just wondered what the medical care is like in fuerte for if god forbid something happened? I hope i will be fine but just want to prepare a bit so know what to expect. Also obviously i will need to drink only bottled drinks, is this possible in Riu/jandia area? Food at Riu, is it well cooked as ive heard its all buffet which is always a no no in pregnancy. I can honestly say i really dont want to go now but my boyfriend has spent a hell of a lot on this hol and we cant even delay it as this is only time he can go as he is a farmer so commited to job around the spring/summer. Then there is not to mention a 4.5 hour flight with morning sickness :o(

So please all the help and advice anyone can give me is VERY gratefully receieved.

Lynsey

england
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Urgent advice needed~medical facilities in Jandia/fuerte

can comment on the hospital in fuerteventura as neva had to use them, but last year in the height of summer me an my girlfriend had 2 weeks on the island an she was 8/9weeks pregnant an i must say she found it fine, an she suffers pretty bad with sickness, im sure you find plenty to eat at your hotel, just keep away from the mayo an soft cheese's, an yes make sure you take all your maternity notes,

2. Re: Urgent advice needed~medical facilities in Jandia/fuerte

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Jandia Peninsula
Recent Conversations