We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magic life mountain biking

uk
Level Contributor
82 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Magic life mountain biking

Does anyone have details of magic life MTB. How long are the rides? Do you have to book in advance? Do they supply helmets? Do they run every day? Do you have to go on the guided ride or can you go off on your own?

I would be grateful for any info.....thanks

Twyning, United...
Level Contributor
481 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Magic life mountain biking

Never hired in the south of the island, but in the north there are lots of companies that hire bikes, and they just let you get on with it, going off on your own. There are recommended routes and cycle paths, all very safe. Just remember to take a mobile phone and water!

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
529 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Magic life mountain biking

Bike riding is taken VERY seriously at Club Magiclife, it's not our thing but the bike garage is right next to the archery area where we spent a lot of time so we saw tours coming and going very often. My understanding is that there are both Mountain Bike tours and Road Bike tours and that there are different experience levels but even the most basic ones need a fair degree of competence and fitness. There are people who go to this hotel specifically for the bike riding and take all their kit and apparel with them (aside from bikes). The hotel attracts large groups of guys who are clearly in clubs at home. They would certainly provide helmets to anyone who doesn't have their own. To the best of my knowledge they do not simply hire bicycles for people to go off and do their own thing. Given how windy Fuerteventura is we have spoken to many people who found even the most basic tours exhausting.

If you are in to biking I would imagine you will love it.

Hope this helps

Digger

Kiev, Ukraine
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Magic life mountain biking

That's a great topic you've raised Jeztwyning. I'm going for a trip 'to Fuerteventura in mid March, we're planning on staying there 6-7 days. Since we're both in our mid 20s, my vision of this would be to see as much as possible, turning our stay into a disovery trip. Ideally I would want to get to either North or South by bus from the airport, hire a bike and go down south, making 1-2 day stays in different cities along the coast. I'm not planning on going hard core mountain biking, but a bit concerned with the wind as it was pointed out by Digger. Also I'm not sure how we're going to return the bikes back in order to avoid riding back to north or south. Any suggestions on how realistic my plan is?

Lennoxtown, United...
Level Contributor
224 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Magic life mountain biking

If it helps, this link leads to a list of the growing off-road cycle route network with leaflets for various sections, only in Spanish though.

visitfuerteventura.es/en/rutas-ciclistas/

5. Re: Magic life mountain biking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2015, 05:25
Get answers to your questions about Jandia Peninsula
Recent Conversations