We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel?

Which Bayahibe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
which hotel?

Hi Any recommendations for a really good hotel in Bayahibe? Had Iberostar Hacienda dominicus suggested but the reports are a bit of a concern.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which hotel?

What are some of the things you are looking for? Are you a beach or pool person? Do you enjoy Spa time? Give us an idea of what you want from your vacation...it would help with advice for choices...

Happy Travels!

bb/mt

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: which hotel?

good point - had a bad day sorry .... we like clean, decent facilities, nice surroundings - good food and good service. I like relaxation with a good book or people watching, hubby is a fisherman ( recently back from Cuba were he enjoyed fishing the mangroves!)

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which hotel?

Well almost any of the top resorts in the LaRoman / Bayahibe area would be good for what you are looking for...

I would suggest going to your tour operators website and seeing which ones "speak to you"...

And reading the reviews of the ones whos pics you like...

My favorite is Sunscape Casa Del Mar...I was just there in February, April and going back in June...

My Trip Report just posted here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g663484-d116…

You can read some of my last LIVE FROM reports here on TripAdvisor:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147292-i243-k1894…

Happy Choosing

and

Happy Travels!

bb/mt

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: which hotel?

will do - thanks for the advise.

PEI, Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: which hotel?

Just got back from the Oasis Canoa a couple days ago, loved it... we will be posting some pics and a review before too long... I REALLY wish I was still there!

NY
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which hotel?

I found Iberostar to be an excellent resort. It was relaxing, had great beaches, and the people are great. THe food was great as well. I did not expect this resort to be as good as it is. I was defenitely in for a shock once i arrived there.

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,285 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which hotel?

Justadreamer,

Which Iberostar are you referring to. The Ibearostars are quite expensive for us from the UK.

Lorraine

Cabarete, DR
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: which hotel?

Hi there,

I think the answer to your question is more of what you are after from a hotel?

Are you looking for all inclusive or independent to experience a more local culture?

I think either way you will have a great time.

If you want a little bit about each hotel take a look at our community website: http://www.discoverbayahibe.com/where-to-stay

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Barnsley
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: which hotel?

Hi i would recommend oasis canoa.Going back in november for our forth time hubby and i really enjoy it .

Fareham, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: which hotel?

Would absolutely recommend theIberostar Hacienda Dominicus, there must be a reason why it is rated No.1 hotel in Bayahibe on this site. It's clean, gorgeous, the food is great, try the vanilla ice cream and the staff are wonderful. Hope you have a ball wherever you end up.