We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Casa Del Mar in Nov.

Which Bayahibe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Going to Casa Del Mar in Nov.

We are planning on going to the resort in November and yes we know about all the renovations. But I have been there before and loved so it will be of no concern to us.I was wondering if anyone has been there recently do they still have the weekly beach party? Also, does anyone know where the new theater and lobby will be? We are excited about going again.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,031 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Casa Del Mar in Nov.

Last I heard, the theater will be up by the baseball diamond and the lobby will be where it was before. When you go in November, they may still be doing shows in a number of locations and not in a formal theater since the theater isn't expected to be open until into December. You may've seen on your past trips there that they have a number of shows in their arsenal that can be done from other locations, like the pool deck in general and the Bubble Show done in the pool, as well as the Taino show on the beach at the beach party.

Right now you may not count on the beach party each week with so few guests registered at the hotel, and when it's held it may be on a different night each week.

I am booked to return on October 11 so I can share more once I'm there, before you go in November.

I'm really excited too! Those of us who know the property are less bothered than those who are new travelers there. I certainly understand that and can appreciate that those who have been looking forward to their vacation in paradise may have concerns.

Kaki

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Casa Del Mar in Nov.

Hi Kaki

Thank you for the quick response. It sounds wonderful that things are falling into place. I'm not to sure if I remember where the baseball diamond is? The last time I was there they were building the new infinity pool and building a new block beside it. Also, they were renovating the Italian restaurant which I hear know is ready. I am so excited about seeing what has been done since I was there last.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Casa Del Mar in Nov.

Hi bearbar,

If your going to be there, Nov 15-22 there are about 60 of us heading down from Ontario for the week with a wedding throw'n in for fun. We will be the ghostly white ones with the Giant Thermo Mugs..lol

The wedding has been planned and booked for over a year and I know the Bride and Groom are a little concerned, but having been there before and even suggesting the place to them, I hope the CDM can step up and pull of the wedding for them, despite the work taking place. I am sure I will notice things being different from past trips, but I would think most people would not even know whats missing or changed. Less than 2 months.... Can't Wait...

kent
Level Contributor
845 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to Casa Del Mar in Nov.

Hi Bearbar

We were there recently and there was a beach Party one evening.

Enjoy...!!!

SQ7

5. Re: Going to Casa Del Mar in Nov.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 02:16