We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson's 'club room'? Dreams La Romana.

Manchester
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Thomson's 'club room'? Dreams La Romana.

Hi, I have booked with Thomson to stay in a "Double 4 club room" this July, however their website doesn't reveal which of the rooms this actually is. (They also offer "Double deluxe rooms sleeps 4", "Deluxe3 with limited sea view", and "Double4 preferred room".)

I've researched all of the different rooms that are offered as they are described by Dreams themselves, however cannot ascertain which room Thomson's 'club room' applies to, or what it includes...

Whilst my partner and I managed to get it for the same price as the deluxe room, it is actually supposed to cost around £800 more so I'm intrigued as to the reasoning behind this additional fee.

If anyone could cast any light on this for me I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks, Kim.

glasgow
1 post
1. Re: Thomson's 'club room'? Dreams La Romana.

Hello

We have also booked with Thomson and are having the same problem. We paid an extra £925 to upgrade to what we thought was a suite. Now Thomson have told us they can not tell us what room we are in as they do not know what rooms their own codes refer to. They have said that they have email the hotel and will let me know. If i find out I will let you know. We have paid £3500 for a two week holiday in April for two. I am very angry with the way Thomson.co.uk have handled our booking.

Good Luck

Jacqueline

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,081 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Thomson's 'club room'? Dreams La Romana.

I wonder if they maybe haven't updated their brochures and advertising materials. In the days before the Preferred Club, there were "club" rooms and packages which offered a few freebies and were the top of the room class. You might have received a free t-shirt (which usually fits nobody!!), an art gift, rum in the room, etc. I don't think it applies today.

I don't understand "double 4" any more than I understand the club room part so the entire description boggles my mind. Deluxe 3? More confusion!! I would love to know what you end up with. If I were a standard traveler looking at booking a room at the hotel and I saw the words "preferred" or "club" in the description of the room class, I'd think I was getting a Preferred Club room. I'd see if Thomson can describe it further for you since these descriptions appear to be exclusive to them.

Is that their way of saying double or triple or quadruple occupancy?

Kaki

Cardiff
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
36 reviews
3. Re: Thomson's 'club room'? Dreams La Romana.

Snowball40, if you have paid £3500 for 2 people in April I would insist on getting a Preferred Club room.

We have paid Thomson ~ £2450 for a "standard deluxe" room travelling over the expensive Easter weeks end of March.

When I enquired re upgrade to Preferred Club I was quoted an increase of £1382 , taking our holiday to ~ £3825! - I declined their offer!!

Wales
Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
4. Re: Thomson's 'club room'? Dreams La Romana.

Hi

We have just booked a double Deluxe so what type of room will we get? I dont mind as long as it is Clean and comfortable.

Manchester
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Thomson's 'club room'? Dreams La Romana.

I tried emailing Thomson twice and got no reply so I eventually went into my local branch (Chester) to ask. Apparently the "club room" is the regular preferred club rooms with all the general perks (pool, club house, etc.) and the "preferred room" is the same but with a sea view. Though of course she could have been spinning any old yarn by the sounds of things... if you can get your hands on a brochure though and look on the bottom of the right hand page there's a grid detailing prices. Next to this it says about upgrades and they seem to be 'sea view', 'preferred club' and 'preferred club, sea view', (which I assume is what the travel agent I spoke to was going off) but again this is very vague and could mean anything...

So sorry to hear how much they're messing you about. I've had trouble with them before, unfortunately, and know how frustrating it can be- I hope you manage to get it resolved so you can have a wonderful and relaxing holiday and what looks to be a fantastic resort.

Kaki, I think you're right, I think the number relates to the maximum number of occupants it can hold, however all the rooms are given an identical description of "with Private Bath, Shower, WC, Balcony, Cot Space, Air Conditioning", not the most helpful of information when trying to differentiate lol. It does say in the brochure that 'preferred club members' get all the up-to-date perks but when they split the term up into two apparently different room categories it's not particularly clear. I guess they like making things difficult for us (And apparently themselves!!)

Cardiff
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
36 reviews
6. Re: Thomson's 'club room'? Dreams La Romana.

After the weather we've had this Winter (and worse to come tomorrow!!) I'll be happy with a tent in the gardens!

Wales
Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
7. Re: Thomson's 'club room'? Dreams La Romana.

I agree lol

Bracknell, Berkshire
Level Contributor
276 posts
19 reviews
8. Re: Thomson's 'club room'? Dreams La Romana.

Kimberley, Hi, I would like to add my booking details to your post There are 7 of us going 7th April and our rooms are for my wife and I, Our daughter and son in law, and 3 late teenage grandsons, Our booking reads:-

1 x Double 4 Pb Sh Wc Bl Ac With Private Facilities

2 x Dixlsv Pb Sh Wc Bl Ac With Private Facilities

I understood we were to get 2 Ocean View rooms, but I am not sure what the Double 4 option will be, that is the for the 3 grandsons.

We are sure that the accomodation will satisfy our needs for the two weeks we will be at Dreams. ....37 days....16hrs...52mins to go!!

best regards

Trevor

Bracknell, Berkshire
Level Contributor
276 posts
19 reviews
9. Re: Thomson's 'club room'? Dreams La Romana.

Kimberey Hi, its me again, have just checked the booking options on 'Expedia' and they list the rooms as:-

Deluxe Garden View

Deluxe Room Partial Ocean View

Preferred Club Garden View

Preferred Club Partial Ocean View

the prices rise at approx $25 to £35 pppn. going down the list.

best regards

Trevor

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,081 posts
10 reviews
10. Re: Thomson's 'club room'? Dreams La Romana.

Those Expedia descriptions make sense to me, but maybe that's because I'm North American. They've left out the suites vs. standard rooms options, but maybe you just can't book them through Expedia.

Kaki