We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best rooms at Iberostar HD

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best rooms at Iberostar HD

Has anyone got any tips for the best rooms or blocks please?

Travelling to IHD 6th August & can't wait!

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,038 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best rooms at Iberostar HD

What's your preference? Near the beach (there aren't that many sea view rooms), near the evening restaurants/disco/bars? quiet? pool view? There is a lot to choose from. I was given a room in a building that I would've thought wasn't the best, but in the end, it would probably be the building I'd actually most prefer. It was building 5, FWIW.

Pics at travel.webshots.com/album/574265226pmnyRD

Kaki

Little Silver, New...
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best rooms at Iberostar HD

Hi, if you enjoy a view of the Beach and Ocean than Block #4 is it. They all have "Junior Suites" in that Block, plus the rooms are bigger than the other rooms and they are only two stories. We always choose the 2nd Floor for more privacy and the view. There is also Block #7, but that sits further back than block 4 from the Beach and Ocean. Remember only drink "Bottled Water" and only use bottled water to rinse your mouth out after brushing your teeth. Do not use the water out of the bathroom facuet for anything other than washing your hands.

Enjoy

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best rooms at Iberostar HD

Hi Kaki

Many thanks for your response & the lovely pictures. They certainly gave me a great feel for the place.

The map was most useful allowing me to pin point the blocks closest to the pool and beach which would be my preferred location.

Thanks again

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best rooms at Iberostar HD

Hi Gary

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me. Unfortunately, there weren't any junior suites available when I booked, which is a real shame.

Do you know if block 7 is suites only?

Thanks also for your bottled water tip, I shall certainly be taking your advice.

5. Re: Best rooms at Iberostar HD

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2010, 06:16