We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DLR beds in rooms.

Which Bayahibe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Herts
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
DLR beds in rooms.

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can give me some info on the beds in the rooms at DLR.

I'm travelling at the end of July with 4 kids 15, 15, Boys, 11, 10 Girls

I have 2 rooms booked(a 3rd wasn't available when we booked), but I would like all the kids in 1 room.

Will the Hotel provide us with 4 single beds if requested, and if so will they be proper beds or camp bed types.

I'm trying to way up different options so that we can all enjoy our holiday, the plan was for the kids to have a rota when getting washed and changed, so they would only be sleeping there at night together. The two teenagers don't want to share and neither do the girls( although they may have to).

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DLR beds in rooms.

I would suggest that you email Marlen Mena at info.drelr@dreamsresorts.com

Ask for her advice. I emailed a room request a couple of weeks before our trip in June and she was extremely helpful. We got exactly what I asked for.

Whilst we were at the resort we were talking to a British family with two young children. On arrival they had upgraded their standard room to a suite which I think that a living room and two bedrooms with their own bathrooms. The dad had negotiated a deal but I think it was still a bit expensive.

Marlen will be able to tell you what is available.

I am sure one of the experts on DLR will be along shortly with even more good advice.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,014 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DLR beds in rooms.

I can't imagine the hotel being able to put 4 beds in the room really. The rooms are equipped with a king bed or two doubles and associated side tables and bedside tables. To remove all the furniture and kit it out with the 4 beds would be pretty extensive. That said, the hotel will do everything they can to accommodate requests so indeed ask Marlen for what they can do for you.

The suite may work but it's basically only two rooms in the end, the same as what you already have. If you have a suite in buildings 1 - 3, you will have two full baths which sounds definitely like what you'd need. If you're in buildings 4 - 8, I think you'd only have 1.5 baths. I don't know of a 3 room suite in the complex. I can't imagine that the hotel wouldn't have a 3rd room open at the end of July, so ask Marlen that too. It may be that your tour operator maxed out their room quota but the hotel still has more.

Good luck! Traveling alone has its issues, but clearly traveling with 4 kids demanding their personal space is a challenge too!

Kaki

Herts
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: DLR beds in rooms.

Hello,

I have tried e-mailing the concierge and operaciones before but not recieved any reply. I've just sent another using the e-mail provided by misskris, thanks. I've also requested the costing for the third room.

I understand the problems involved in adding beds to rooms, but even if they could add 1 single bed the 2 youngest could share. We've done this before.

Thanks for replies, hoping the new e-mail works.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DLR beds in rooms.

jj if for some reason the emails don't work feel free to forward them to me at

baltobabe@gmail.com

sometimes a computer glitch might occur on one end or the other. Also check your spam or junk mail...as sometimes the resorts does respond and for some reason they might end up there...

I used to have probelms back and forth til I switched from comcast and aol over to my Gmail account.

I am in constant contact with the resort as I have many friends there so please do feel free to take me up on my offer of help.

Happy Travels!

bb/mt

Bebington, United...
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DLR beds in rooms.

We have upgraded to a Suite,

In the suite we will get 1 king size bed, plus a rollaway bed in the living area for our son.

Our friends who are a family of four will get 1 king size bed with 2 rollaway beds in the living area for their children.

I havent yet stayed at DLR but at PC the kingsize bed was big enough for 3, so shouldn't be a problem for 2 kids/ teens sharing and the rollaways were good quality with sprung matresses.

In Tulum last year we had two doubles and a couch/daybed which was big enough for me to sleep in. You get a couch in the suite, so it may be possible I suppose to get a king, 2 rollaways and 1 on the couch if they are that adamant that they don't want to share a bed.

Probably best to contact the resort directly for options re upgrade prices and availability of rollaways.

I find that the kids are exhausted after all the sun and fun, my son has fallen asleep on a sunbed watching the movie on the beach before now. He wouldn't be worried where he ended up!

London UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DLR beds in rooms.

Here is a copy of the reply I received when I queried the difference betwee a suite and a family suite.

The family suite has one king bed on one side and two small beds in the other side both sides have one bathroom so privacy is better but does not have a hot-tub, the other suites have one king bed on one side and a living room on the other side, this suites have a Jacuzzi note that the decoration is different.

All suites are preferred club.

Not sure if this helps but the best thing is to contact the hotel direct. We corresponded with Marlen by phone and email (which were answered promptly). Just check they have your right address!

Herts
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: DLR beds in rooms.

Okay, whats the time difference so I can give them a call.

Does Anyone know the best time of day to catch Marlen.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,014 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: DLR beds in rooms.

Marlen works approximately 9 to 5 or 6 daily and half of Saturday, possibly an evening through the week and possibly Sunday off.

The DR is currently in the NYC time zone.

I have pictures of both kinds of suites. The jacuzzi suite is at travel.webshots.com/album/571911788ekjEgi The family suite with the two full baths is at travel.webshots.com/album/564095167XKiKpn

Kaki

9. Re: DLR beds in rooms.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2011, 06:16