We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost of food/drink in bayahibe village

LEEDS, WEST...
Level Contributor
65 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
cost of food/drink in bayahibe village

can someone tell me the average cost of a 3 course meal in bayahibe village and what types of restaraunts there are in the village. Also average cost for a beer/coke/and spirit with mixer. I'm just trying to budget how much cash i'll need to bring with me and would like to make sure i bring enough for an afternoon/night out in the village.

Susan

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,038 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cost of food/drink in bayahibe village

The food and drink that you've laid out will be about the same price as you'd pay at home. Some things are cheaper at certain places, but going for dinner and ordering what you've laid out would probably be $45 per person.

You can get a filling fresh tuna sandwich on the beach for $2 with a grande Presidente for $3 (Leidy's) and a lunch full meal salad at Barco Bar for $8 and regular sized Presidente for $2. At dinner, Barco's pasta course is about $10 - $12 depending on the one you get. I ordered a few salad meals that were between $8 and $10 (at Bamboo Club as well) and a wine would be about $3. I like the $12 meal including glass of wine, but that wasn't three courses.

The places that would offer something like that are more expensive. The Bamboo and Mare Nostrum and Cafecito de la Cubana will offer great meal experiences, but the price will add up. More than one cocktail will push it over the "cheap" level. A drink at Mare Nostrum is about $5 depending on the exchange rate (1500 pesos). A beer is a pretty good price around town, but 50 cents more expensive at Cafecito. At the Marina, a full sized pizza is about $10. If you can tackle the 3 course meal, you can find it in town, but a lot of the portions are substantial and I don't know that I'd be embracing that much food at a meal! One of the best views is at Capitan Kidd's. Their beer is about $3 and a cocktail at $4, the more extravagant higher than that. There is little on the menu but they've been expanding it I think. It's a great place to start with when the sun is setting between 6 and 6:30. You can decide if you want to stay for dinner such as they'd offer, or to head elsewhere for your meal.

Kaki

LEEDS, WEST...
Level Contributor
65 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cost of food/drink in bayahibe village

Thanks for the info Kaki it's very helpful. I think i'll definately come into Bayahibe during my stay so just wanted to make sure i budgeted enough as i don't want to be taking any more money out of the ATMs when i arrive.

3. Re: cost of food/drink in bayahibe village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2011, 06:20