We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Bayahibe

Which Bayahibe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
long eaton
Level Contributor
184 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in Bayahibe

Hello off to the IHD in early September. How far is it to Bayahibe? How much would a taxi be for 4? and finally any restaurant recommendations?

Thanks for your help

Alan

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,035 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Bayahibe

It is a 10 minute cab ride from the IHD to the restaurants of Bayahibe. It is $10 for each drive in the Bayahibe-Dominicus area, no matter how close or how far!

I posted my comments about the Bayahibe restaurants in another thread relatively recently. I am a girl on the move today so will look for the thread to repost the info later but if you search the forum or my name, you will see some ideas.

Kaki

ireland
Level Contributor
729 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Bayahibe

we loved the cuban restraunt captain kidds bracco bar and namre nostraum we loved the village but was not too gone in the food at the hotel

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,035 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Bayahibe

The other thread was asking about prices as well as recommendations. Here is what I posted then:

You can get a filling fresh tuna sandwich on the beach for $2 with a grande Presidente for $3 (Leidy's) and a lunch full meal salad at Barco Bar for $8 and regular sized Presidente for $2. At dinner, Barco's pasta course is about $10 - $12 depending on the one you get. I ordered a few salad meals that were between $8 and $10 (at Bamboo Club as well) and a wine would be about $3. I like the $12 meal including glass of wine, but that wasn't three courses.

The places that would offer something like that are more expensive. The Bamboo and Mare Nostrum and Cafecito de la Cubana will offer great meal experiences, but the price will add up. More than one cocktail will push it over the "cheap" level. A drink at Mare Nostrum is about $5 depending on the exchange rate (1500 pesos). A beer is a pretty good price around town, but 50 cents more expensive at Cafecito. At the Marina, a full sized pizza is about $10. If you can tackle the 3 course meal, you can find it in town, but a lot of the portions are substantial and I don't know that I'd be embracing that much food at a meal! One of the best views is at Capitan Kidd's. Their beer is about $3 and a cocktail at $4, the more extravagant higher than that. There is little on the menu but they've been expanding it I think. It's a great place to start with when the sun is setting between 6 and 6:30. You can decide if you want to stay for dinner such as they'd offer, or to head elsewhere for your meal.

Kaki

Kaki

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in Bayahibe

Captain Kidds does have a great location with tables on the sand right on the bay. They do a full sized pizza for 350pesos (about 9 $US).

If you feel like splashing out there is the upmarket option of Tracadero in Dominicus.

http://www.tracadero.it (see their photo gallery for images, website is only in Italian at the moment but you can get an idea of prices from their menu). Salads 9-14$US, pastas around 15$US, meat dishes 20$US, seafood 20-38$US...plus 26% tax.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in Bayahibe

If you go to Bayahibe you must have fresh fish or fresh lobster!!!

Best value for money with a great dishes is Leidy Restaurant at Bayahibe's beach.

One of the fewest places they still serve dominican style food

Lobster around $20 and fresh fish from $10 depends of the type.

You can have your fish and lobster grilled, with garlic sauce which is best.

Also great octopus and lambi salads.

Meat eaters there is 'churrasco' which really tasty and tender also for $20

Great view, lots of mosquitos in rainy season an average service

6. Re: Restaurants in Bayahibe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2011, 08:32
7. Re: Restaurants in Bayahibe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2011, 08:32