We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Dreams has the calmest clearest water??

Which Bayahibe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chestertown...
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Which Dreams has the calmest clearest water??

I know there are many factors that contribute to water clarity and calmness such as weather etc.... but I have heard that the water is very rough as a general rule at Dreams Punta Cana. Can anyone tell me based on their opinion which area is the calmest?

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Dreams has the calmest clearest water??

Dreams La Romana 1st

Dreams Palm Beach 2nd

Dreams Punta Cana 3rd

I visted all 3 in January and would be happy to share pics or answer questions on any of them.

Happy Travels!

bb/mt

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,031 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Dreams has the calmest clearest water??

When are you considering going? bb's list is accurate, but time of the year can make a big difference to the conditions at DLR. If you expect the same situation in September that you find in January, you may be disappointed. It will likely still be better than Punta Cana (if a storm isn't passing), but won't be as calm as the winter months.

Kaki

Chestertown...
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Dreams has the calmest clearest water??

I am thinking Nov/December...

4. Re: Which Dreams has the calmest clearest water??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2011, 08:28