We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkelling and fishing ?'s

Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkelling and fishing ?'s

Does anyone know how the snorkelling is from the Iberostar Hacienda Dominica. Also, can you fish from shore there?

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,050 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkelling and fishing ?'s

When you try to fish, bear in mind that there are snorkelers in the same waters! I've seen lines cast that looked too close for comfort to me.

The snorkeling is pretty good. I don't know if the hotel provides rods but if you bring your own, you'll likely get lucky. The locals fish in the area with good success so it's possible.

There are tours that take you fishing if you're interested in that. Different prices are charged for those who fish and those who come along for the experience.

Kaki

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkelling and fishing ?'s

When are you going (or have you been yet?) I am taking my usual telescopic rod but I dont know what the situation is on the shore. A later post told me there is a pier and maybe the guys in the pool bar would like anything reasonable that you catch?

Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkelling and fishing ?'s

We're going 3rd week in November, would be great if there is a dock/pier where we could fish. So fun to fish in the Caribbean - you never know what you'll catch! Here in Ohio we fish in our local lake and it's bluegill or bass. We've caught everything from eel to rockfish to needlefish to puffers in the Caribbean. Thanks for the advice!

4. Re: Snorkelling and fishing ?'s

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2011, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Bayahibe
Recent Conversations