We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for apartment

Which Bayahibe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
12 posts
Save Topic
looking for apartment

I am looking for an apartment in the Bayahibe area from 12/23/10 to 12/29/10

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for apartment

You might want to PM one of the regular posters MonicaSDQ, she has a couple of very nice apartments for rent.

Good luck!

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
4,430 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for apartment

Hi

How many are you?

I know a lady she rents appartments in Bayahibe village

Daily is 1000 dominican pesos and sleeps up to 4.

Fully furnished and fully kitchen equipped with linen and towels.

She has more than 1 appartment

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,012 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for apartment

Where is this apartment, BFC? I'm always looking for good, clean, reasonably priced accommodations in Bayahibe! I know of a number of them, but if your suggestion is new, I'm interested.

Kaki

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
4,430 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for apartment

Hi Kaki

The appartments are in new Bayahibe and is one of the first buildings. The lady owner is italian and she sales and rent apartments.

I haven't been inside, but knowing the owner and being italian plus i've seen pictures I am sure they are very decent.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,012 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: looking for apartment

Thanks for that. I like staying closer to the water...unless there's new Bayahibe along the coast? I'm only aware of the inland growth. I'll be interested to read reviews though!

Kaki

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
4,430 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: looking for apartment

Don't you know there is a developing plan to build from Barco bar up to half way to Dominicus and all the way back to new Bayahibe?????

It will be a expensive villa complex with a marina, for what I understand.

It will take few more years do , as people from Bayahibe is fighting for their land. Apparently it's being stolen a great part from their ancestors and they have taken to tribunals the fight!!!

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,012 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: looking for apartment

I anticipated it about 4 years ago and then heard about it about 2 years ago. I'll wait til I hear that there has been a sod turning to get excited about it! ;-) But even then, if it's what I'm expecting it to be, it will be beyond my means so the selfish me wishes it would stay undeveloped.

They've been talking about the marina since at least 2005. At that time, plans were already drafted and it was waiting for a signature. I'm sure those people have all moved on and it's a new set of investors working on it now. Much like the hotel to go in at the cemetery...

Kaki

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
4,430 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: looking for apartment

If plans go ahead, Bayahibe wouldn't be the same and it will definitely lose it charm!!!

The families who own the land will end up selling up for a big sum in stead of being taking away the land they are fighting for at the moment, everything will be so expensive that it will make average people impossible to live there. It's already happening as many dominicans cannot afford to live there and are forced to move to Benerito, El limon o La Romana.

I miss the days where there were less developing in the area. Less to choose from but much more fun than now, definitely!!!

9. Re: looking for apartment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2011, 07:37