We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any special theme nights not to miss at Dreams La Romana

Level Contributor
502 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Any special theme nights not to miss at Dreams La Romana

We are heading down in less than 5 weeks...YIPPEE!!

From what I have read it appears that they are no longer holding beach parties--which I truly enjoy, but the lack of one will not make or break my vacation. I know that they slip a Sundial newsletter under your door to advise of events, which I think is great, but I am looking to bood a tour w/Seavis ahead of time and if I have a full day w/them I don't want to be too tired to miss any special nights/events that the resort has to offer.

Anyone have any info to share, also how far in advance did you book w/Seavis?

Pro excursions Bayahibe
Scuba & Snorkeling, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Speed Boats Tours
Mariposa Tours
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Horseback Riding Tours
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any special theme nights not to miss at Dreams La Romana

The schedules of course can change with out notice...

I love the Gala Tropical Show in their new Theater! Saw it in January and it was a WOW! Like being over at Altos De Chevon and watching the Kandella Show!

I'd sugges you send a note down to Marlen and see if she can give you a heads up aon what might be going on the week you are there...

Level Contributor
65 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any special theme nights not to miss at Dreams La Romana

I was at dreams mid august and there were a couple of romantic couples beach nights but also a couple of beach party nights, with music games and bonfire, great night!!!

Show wise i would defo make sure you go and see the circus show if it's on it's fantastic and the water show by the main pool is a very good one too!!!

Saying that all the other shows were very good too so you shouldn't be disappointed on any night, we weren't and i'm not a 'holiday show' type person but was suprised at the amazing quality of the performances here.

york pa
Level Contributor
615 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any special theme nights not to miss at Dreams La Romana

monday night football and world series games are played on a giant screen on the beach

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any special theme nights not to miss at Dreams La Romana

I was there for 10 days until 4th September. The magician was excellent i couldn't take my eyes off the stage, Movie night was also good, the water show was ok, the team mainly pushing some of the girls around on a surf board in the dark with some water music and some singing.

The True love show was so funny with 4 couples on stage having to compete against each other. We were a family with 2 young children so spent quite alot time in the theatre. You will have a blast at this hotel. One word 'Fantastic'

Level Contributor
502 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any special theme nights not to miss at Dreams La Romana

Thanks all for the responses! The shows that you mention sound great. Less than a month to go!

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,060 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any special theme nights not to miss at Dreams La Romana

I try to go to ALL of the shows. The ones put on by the hotel staff are quite good for the costumes and the work that they put into them...often made better when you've made friends with the entertainment team and dancers through the day. The entertainment and education value of the Taino Show makes it worth catching for sure, and the ingenuity of the Bubble Show, as well as how painful it is for the staff having to walk around in the cold water at 9 p.m., make them both worth looking for.

The audience participation shows are only as good as the participants in the crowd, but they're based on principles that allow for good entertainment even if the participants over-act or are shy.

The entertainers that come in, like the magician, Circus show, Michael Jackson show and other pros are always extremely well done when you consider what they come from and their budget. They could make it on most stages. Even if you see that the Sundial says something that you wonder "what?" about, try to get there in time. They may be amateur but are usually fun.

The hotel often themes the disco, like White Night and 70s night, toga party, etc. You never know what they'll do on any one night, but if you have favourite accessories like that, you can keep 'em handy for checking the planned evening events. (They will provide a toga if required!)

For your purposes, contact Seavis as soon as you can to lay out your plan. They can tell you which days they're offering tours through your visit and you can wrap your mind around it. Plan to go early in your stay in case you're rained out or have another reason to have to rearrange a plan. Once you return from your great day, you may also want to plan for another of their excursions too.

7. Re: Any special theme nights not to miss at Dreams La Romana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2011, 06:16
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now