We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question regarding security on the beach at Dreams.

Toronto
Level Contributor
193 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Question regarding security on the beach at Dreams.

I am curious as to how the beach security know that you belong to the Dreams hotel when you don't have to wear a bracelet. We plan on going for a little walk into Bayahibe and I'm wondering how they will be able to tell if we belong to the Dreams hotel.

Thanks for any relpies.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question regarding security on the beach at Dreams.

Hola momto3!

Often times on past visits when I would walk into Bayahibe and then return to Dreams there would be a guard who stands at the Properties edge who has a clip board and would ask for your room number.

So I am guessing thats how they tell...they may ask for your room number or to see your room key. Keeping those who don't have that out.

Happy Travels!

bb/mt

Spruce Grove, Canada
Level Contributor
493 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question regarding security on the beach at Dreams.

We walked into Bayahibe three times from the Dreams resort down the beach and were never asked or approached upon our return. There are guards along the entire property line and at least two on the beach border. There is a rope along the sand marking the border along with a Dreams sign advising patrons. Walking around the resort, I wondered how bored some of the guards could be since they were stationed in remote sections. I guess they were watching for "someone" to bolt out of the jungle. I agree with baltobabe that you should always have your room key with you to prove you are a guest.

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question regarding security on the beach at Dreams.

Dreams always has a gaurd on the beach. They see you leave and see you come back, they are pretty good a spotting those who do not belong.

Edited: 22 December 2010, 19:14
Toronto
Level Contributor
193 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question regarding security on the beach at Dreams.

Thank you everyone for your replies. You are all very helpfull.

Thanks

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,039 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question regarding security on the beach at Dreams.

Having a room key isn't really enough to gain you entry to the hotel, since anybody can get a key. You would want to be prepared to identify yourself to confirm that you belong. That may even happen if you're a guest in the Preferred Club so it pays to commit your room number to memory! I say that overly obvious statement because some of us remember our room based on location (2nd door from the end on the 3rd floor...) and not number.

If you do become familiar to the guards, you will come and go not even seeing them (seeing you). They make it their business to do their job without intruding on us. However, if you try to leave the property in the late evening, they may bar your passage. Ahhh, the argument I had thanking them for watching out for my safety but trying to get them to let me go with my friend who was there to meet me with a car. They finally called the manager who wouldn't talk to me on the phone, so I had to wait for him to come to the beach. They ID'd my friend and asked 101 questions. After that occasion, the security guards became very friendly when I'd pass. I don't know why it had to get so escalated on that first night, but whatever strange actions took place, they say and I believe that it was in the pursuit of securing the property and their guests. Expect the unexpected.

Kaki

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,279 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question regarding security on the beach at Dreams.

I believe the guards are doing their job, they watch people going out and remember them (as said above)

I, as a local, am not allowed to enter te Dreams beach, unless somebody from the management comes to get me. At night is a different story, they have to be more careful and watch who is coming in. So if you want to go for a walk and expecting to come back later, make sure you talk to the guard(s) thats all.

Happy travel

and happy new year

Denise

7. Re: Question regarding security on the beach at Dreams.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2011, 05:55