We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bayahibe webcam!!!!

Which Bayahibe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,031 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Bayahibe webcam!!!!

Webcams are notorious for failing in the DR, and as soon as somebody announces that there is one, it ends up not working. However, this one has been tested for a few months and is VERY exciting! Check it out: http://www.seavisbayahibe.com/Media_e.htm

It's a great prospect: the boat beach in Bayahibe. You can see a ton of activity between 8:30 and 9:30 in the morning when boats are leaving for Saona Island, and then again between 4 and 5 p.m. when they're returning. The camera is pointed a bit NorthWest so you won't get the bold glare of the sun, but the sky will colour beautifully if you're there at the right time. It is positioned on Punta Bayahibe. …webshots.com/photo/2011504440064234328FxnXNn

Fingers crossed that it will do better than the endeavours of the other webcam-mers! I've not known another attempt in the Bayahibe area so, here's hoping!

Kaki

Toronto
Level Contributor
193 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bayahibe webcam!!!!

Very cool. We can see the same harbour from our beach here at Dreams. We are heading home tomorrrow and I am sure I will be checking it often as the snow is flying at home and I can remember the sun of Bayahibe.

Thanks Kaki

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bayahibe webcam!!!!

Thanks Kaki! Its so great to see HOME! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Happy Travels,

bb/mt

Winthrop, Maine
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bayahibe webcam!!!!

Hola: Fantastic. Thanks for the info.

Mike & CYndie - The Maineacs

Spruce Grove, Canada
Level Contributor
493 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bayahibe webcam!!!!

This is great. Their webpage is really updated and has very good videos.

Davison, Michigan
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bayahibe webcam!!!!

Thank you for this post, We are quite excited for it is only 24 days before we arrive at Dreams. I must also thank you for ALL of your post for they have helped me with questioned I had

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,031 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bayahibe webcam!!!!

dvert, do you know that Dreams is immediately to the left of the beach shot by the webcam? You'll know it when you see it, but this weather and water conditions and boat traffic is what you can expect to see from the Dreams beach. Let us know when you're walking to Bayahibe and we'll look for you as you walk by!

Kaki

Davison, Michigan
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bayahibe webcam!!!!

I was wondering if that was dreams, thank you. Sure can not wait to get there. We are expecting 9 to 14 inches of more snow starting later today :(

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Bayahibe webcam!!!!

love the webcam but I find the flashing advert that pops up between screen refreshes is a bit irritating on the eyes. I guess it's there in case the link gets used on another website.

But it would be much nicer without it or if they could make it only show every 5 refreshes say?

Edited: 02 February 2011, 00:00
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,031 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bayahibe webcam!!!!

That's funny, Yumi, I didn't really even notice it! Now that you say it, I know what you're talking about, but I'm just focusing on the image and waiting for the next boat!

Kaki

Santa Barbara de...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bayahibe webcam!!!!

Hello You can find all Webcams from the Dominican Republic on the Website: dominican-republic.de/webcam-dominikanische-…