We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What excursions are availble?

Which Bayahibe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
What excursions are availble?

My girlfriend and I are thinking about going to the Dreams La Romana for 2 weeks in June, we have been to the Dominican the past 2 years staying in Playa Dorada and Cost Dorada, so we thought we would try the south of the Island, only thing that worries me is that there may not be enough trips to go on. We like to do a trip every few days and have a beach day inbetween.

Could someone let me know what trips are availble. Also we will be travelling with UK tour operater Thomsons or Thomas cook so anyone who has been with them what trips do they offer.

Thanks

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What excursions are availble?

Amstar has a sales rep at the resort, her name is Kerry, she is at the lobby of Dreams La Romana and she can offer you many excursions as you can see on their website amstardmc.com/dominican_republic/activities.…

You can also check http://bavarorunners.com/ and click on Bayahibe to see their options. An that is just couple companies. You will have more choices when you get here.

More info:

www.discoverbayahibe.com

www.seavisbayahibe.com/Welcome_e.htm

/www.proexcursionsbayahibe.com/snorkling-tours/index.aspx

I think on this side of the island is as much to do if not more then on the north (lived there for 2 years)

Happy travel

Denise

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
4,431 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What excursions are availble?

Hi

I doubt very much that you run out of choices in the area as it has next door the National East Park which has plenty of sights to do. Just visiting, snorkelling, diving, fishing, horse riding, speed boat.

There are also safari tours that show you the sugar cane plantation, cigar factory and more.

You can visit Altos de Chavon a medial village with amphitheater with great views of the Chavon river.

Also the area has a fishing village that you can mix safely with locals, explore fresh water caves, archeologic rests, the only flower that grows in the world and grows only in Bayahibe called la flor de Bayahibe or ´peresquia quisqueyana´

there is also the wonder caves abot an hour away from your hotel.

Ah yes and you can ride buggies or quads which are great fun!!!

plenty to do if you have time and money!!!

Glasgow, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What excursions are availble?

Thanks for the replies, seems theres alot more to do that i thought,

4. Re: What excursions are availble?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 09:22