We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from our 2nd visit to Dreams LaRomana

Which Bayahibe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Spruce Grove, Canada
Level Contributor
493 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from our 2nd visit to Dreams LaRomana

I will post my review and pictures shortly but want all to know that our one week was just as enjoyable as our two week last fall. I did not see a change to the menu's and it was most enjoyable to greet a lot of the same staff that impressed us so on our first visit. Romy at the preferred lounge check in is looking great with her pregnancy and is due in April. She is beeming and has promised to return in due course.

We travelled with my wife's parents who are 78 and 75 and they enjoyed snorkling off the shore and all the restaurants.

A special treat was to get the same room, 5149, which is an ocean front suite beside the preferred pool. We love the quiet mornings and evenings on the patio overlooking the beautiful grounds and ocean. We were surprised by rain and showers for a couple of days. Only 1 day caused reduced time around the pool and ocean. We saw no mozzies and did not use any spray this visit.

We flew into LaRomana airport this time, to avoid the bus trip via Punta Cana. Was a bit of a gong show on our departure since an Air Italy flight was arriving and departing at the same time as our Air Canada.

In summary, the Dreams LaRomana staff continue to get top marks for service and friendliness. We did feel like we were really welcomed and made to feel at home.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,224 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from our 2nd visit to Dreams LaRomana

Glad you and your in-laws enjoyed the vacation. It was great to see you again ad chat for a bit !!!

Hope to see you back soon :)

Denise

Texas
Level Contributor
141 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from our 2nd visit to Dreams LaRomana

have not been to DR before. My wife and I are looking for a good place, but not a huge resort for our second honeymoon. Is there plenty to do at this place, sightseeing, snorkeling, etc? Is a rental car necessary or local transportation? Just starting to do research so looking for all I can find, thanks

Virginia
Level Contributor
40 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from our 2nd visit to Dreams LaRomana

Can you describe the suites you stayed in or post photos? How many beds, is there a sitting area, and is there a door between the sleeping areas? I am getting inconsistent information from the US Dreams number, the website, and my 3rd party booker. Currently, I am being told there are "ocean-front junior suites" with one king and two TWIN beds that can room up to 5 people, but that these rooms can only be booked directly through the resort or 3rd parties, not the 1-800 number. The hotel website does not mention junior suites, but does mention "ocean front suites." Are these the same or different?

Toronto
Level Contributor
193 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from our 2nd visit to Dreams LaRomana

Glad you had a great trip again. I would love to be back there again. Sipping a banana moma at the preferred pool. Gotta love those chocolate covered grapes!!

Spruce Grove, Canada
Level Contributor
493 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from our 2nd visit to Dreams LaRomana

Amazoncruiser:

Look at the "Explore Other Bayahibe resources" section in the bottom left part of the screen, surf around TA and back read on the posts in the forum and reviews. You will find lots of great info at your finger tips. The Pros, Kaki, Baltobabe and Monica have great info and if you look at their thousands of posts you can find the sections your are looking for including a ton of pictures. This area is beautiful and there are lots of places to go and find new adventures. Denise at Diving Dominica and Marilyn/Alex at Seavis Tours are excellent people to talk to about diving and excursions. Our week had only two good days of snorkling around the Dreams resort due to incoming wave action. The fine sand mixes up and makes visibility poor. At all times though, the wave action is very mild and allows for a relaxful swim. There are no waves compared to the Mayan Riveria or the Pacific coast in Mexico. When the clarity is good around the resort, you will be very happy. Excursions can take you out to better areas that are not effected by the sand.

Renting cars is not recommended in the DR. Take taxi's or local buses.

We really like the Dreams chain and the Preferred package at Dreams LaRomana gives you really good value for your buck.

Gotkidswilltravel:

On the Dreams webpage they describe the type of rooms that are available. We have stayed in what they call the Preferred Club Honeymoon Suite Ocean Front. The preferred club Jr. Suite Ocean Front are rooms over in building 3. They have the second room with two twin beds. We had pocket french/glass doors between our bedroom and our living room. It reduced the light and noise, but did not make it completely quiet. There is no lock on the pocket doors. All the sleeping buildings have suites on the front, and we stayed in building #5. The living area is as per the photos on their website. What it does not show is the dining room table, glass, that will sit 4 easy and 6 tight. The large flat screen tv had a DVD player that all worked well. A large credenza was against the outside wall that housed the bar fridge and had lots of storage underneath a very big glass countertop. Our suite had a two piece bath by the door and the bedroom side had a walk in bathroom ensuite that was very large, hosting a one man jucuzzi soaker tub, a very large shower area, make up counter and a one sink counter area. The toilet area was enclosed but had a clear glass door. There is a solid door between the bedroom and the ensuite bathroom. The bedroom area had a king bed, end tables and a flat screen tv with stand. There were two large closets on either side of the door going into the bathroom.

We love being close to the preferred pool and also an easy walk over to the preferred beach area. We emailed the Hotel and made a request to be put into this suite and they obliged! Best wishes with your trip.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,031 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from our 2nd visit to Dreams LaRomana

DLR is addictive! It's so easy to return from your first visit planning your next. My wheels are in motion too...it's been too long! When are you headed back?

Kaki

Spruce Grove, Canada
Level Contributor
493 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back from our 2nd visit to Dreams LaRomana

Maybe this fall, winter 2012 at the lastest. We are trying to convince a neice to hold her destination wedding there in January. There is room for everyone and it is a very safe resort and area. Just got to find a direct flight from Alberta since the overnight in Toronto or Montreal is a real pain.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,031 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back from our 2nd visit to Dreams LaRomana

Tell me about it. *eyeroll*

I haven't done a direct flight on one of the quality airlines since 2007. Even then, it wasn't direct for me but might be better for you, since it went out of Calgary. In 2009 when I went wit a group on a family reunion, I think they were direct from Calgary too. (I had to go through Toronto.)

It is perfect for a destination wedding, and that was the reason for my first trip there. My friends were married on the pier in 2004, this hotel picked for a number of reasons which had it prevail over all competition.

Kaki

Winthrop, Maine
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back from our 2nd visit to Dreams LaRomana

Hola: Lucky you. Wish we could have gone back so soon. We are going back

this November, buit as of now we are leaning towards Catalonia Royal. It has been on our list of places to try. Reviews are great, and looks very similar to the Preffered Club at DLR. Small, intimate, adult only, with calm water.

Glad you were able to get back so soon. Maybe we will bump into each other this fall.

Stay warm. Snow storm here tomorrow!!!!!

Mike & Cyndie - The Maineacs

10. Re: Just back from our 2nd visit to Dreams LaRomana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 08:19