We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recent bad review of dreams

england
Level Contributor
96 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
recent bad review of dreams

a reveiw posted today states they had to wait 1.5 hours for a table at dinner in the restaurants.................is this true!!!! I am going end of March and have booked a preferred room..hoping for good service. we like to eat late so does anyone have any tips for avoiding queuing!!!!!

thanks

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: recent bad review of dreams

I was there in June, 3rd trip to a Dreams resorts. We stay for 2 weeks at a time and we've never waited this long.

If there was a wait we'd get a pager and head to the bar, never waited longer than 30mins.

If you eat early or late then less queues.

ontario
Level Contributor
606 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: recent bad review of dreams

If you eat prior to 6:30 the restaurants are practically empty.If you leave it until 8 oclock you might have to wait but I find it highly unlikely you would have to wait for 1.5 hours.We ate between 6:30 and 7:00 last month and never waited once

Kent
Level Contributor
257 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: recent bad review of dreams

My daughter and I were there last week too (seemingly at the same time as this reviewer) and we were very obviously at a totally different hotel!!!!!

Every single member of staff we met greeted us with a smile and a "Hola!" and couldn't have done more to make our holiday as good as they possibly could.

The hotel was absolutely full last week - so of course there was more pressure on the facilities than there would in a non half term (UK)/ spring break (US)/ reading week (Can). We didn't have to queue for more than a couple of minutes at ANY of the restaurants (admittedly we tended to eat either early or late!) but I did notice the bleepers being given out to those arriving after us - but even then there was no more than a 20 min wait for those diners.

My only niggle was with the reserving of sunbeds by those who were being greedy and grabbing one round the pool and one on the beach as well - leaving at least one unused and unavailable to other guests.

Happy to discuss if you like.

Edited: 03 March 2011, 22:56
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,050 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: recent bad review of dreams

The Preferred Club offers excellent service. The staff offers way beyond standard helpfulness. They can't do all kinds of magic (only some) so if you're asking for the impossible, you may find that they can't take care of your needs, but keeping it realistic, they excel.

Being booked into the Preferred Club has nothing to do with the restaurant lines however. That is part of why I tell people that they don't need the Preferred Club to have a great vacation at Dreams La Romana. It makes it better I think, but when away from the Club area, you're the same as everybody else.

In 6 years of traveling to this hotel, I've never waited near 1.5 hours for a table. I've been there in January, February and March, the busiest months. There was one night when I had to wait almost an hour...but that was because there was a misunderstanding and I wasn't given a beeper! I was wondering why they were seating other people first and they were probably wondering why we were sitting there eyeballing the hostess. If your wait is excessive, ask them to confirm that you are on their list. 30 minutes during the height of the evening (just enough time to enjoy a pre-dinner cocktail) would be the normal high, with 45 minutes being an outside wait time. As people have already said, arrive before 7 or after 8:45 to get in quicker. A massive delay is due to something that happens to all of us at times during our work day. An event occurred that led to a delay of more than 45 to 60 minutes.

The review in question read as a bit inflammatory to me. They reported information that they heard third hand and didn't know if it was the truth. To their credit, they admitted that they didn't know how factual it was, but the way I see it, you don't put things that aren't fact in a review and hope to gain credibility.

Kaki

england
Level Contributor
96 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: recent bad review of dreams

Hey

thanks for the replies I feel much re assured now!! cant wait to go!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
157 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: recent bad review of dreams

OMG, I get so mad about these so called reviews that are so far from the truth it is unbelieveable. I would second everything that people have already said to you, We never had to wait longer than 10mins for a table, the staff were delightful, very friendly, and willing to do anything for you. Another recent review had an issue that also happened to us, we had a 6yr old with us and were put in a room that only had 1 bed. We think this is because we had requested a re-furbished room on an upper floor and this is what they gave us (maybe these rooms only have the 1 bed and the older rooms have the 2) Anyway, because we liked the room we asked what could be done and within half an hour a beautiful single bed was brought up and made up by the maid. We were very happy with the solution as the room was perfectly fine with another bed in it (not too cramped) and we thought the room was lovely.

The other issues mentioned by this reviewer were laughable, Crime of the century, she could only get cottage cheese for her breakfast for 1 day out of the eight. Hello, you are in a foreign country!!! and also her husband could not get a spoon full of sour cream to go with his dinner! Really important issues that help us take the review seriously!

Rant over!

england
Level Contributor
96 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: recent bad review of dreams

HA HA yes I agree with you....thanks for the re assurance...

uk
Level Contributor
125 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: recent bad review of dreams

I find it strange that these people take the time to leave a negative review but never come onto the forum...usually their only contribution is that one bad review. Also, there were two reviws posted, on holiday same time, same photo used??? Hmmmm.

Although I am not a regular poster I am a very frequent reader!!! I appreciate all the comments/opinions, from lots of trusted/respected members, but some I take with a pinch of salt! That aside, we go in April and i hope to goodness that these comments aren't true!!!

Joanne

Davison, Michigan
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: recent bad review of dreams

my wife and I just returned Friday morning from Dreams and I can say we NEVER had to wait more then 5 minutes to get in. We like to eat around 6:30 pm so the resturants were not busy but even while we were eating we never seen long lines. The busiest resturant we seen was the French one but I did not see any lines.

We also stayed in the preferred area and yes the staff are great there but we also noticed the staff throughout the resort were friendly and very much wanted to help with anything you needed. Romy was the staff memeber we talked with the most in the preferred lounge but she will be leaving to have her baby VERY soon.

When you are there and if you are looking for an excursion make sure to stop off and she Kerry and the amstar desk in the lobby. She is very friendly and helpful.

London uk
Level Contributor
63 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: recent bad review of dreams

carole , its a nightmare , really , you have to go at 7pm or everything is cold , sorry but its very basic

Get answers to your questions about Bayahibe
Recent Conversations