We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sanoa trip

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Topic
sanoa trip

Can anyone tell me how much it costs to go to sanoa island and who it is best to go with we are travelling with thomas cook from England next week?

Liverpool
Level Contributor
165 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sanoa trip

Would do the Saona Vip trip with Seavis, check out their website and reviews on trip adviser. Great company, much better than going with our tour operators. The cost is $80.00 per adult.

Steph

Davison, Michigan
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: sanoa trip

my wife and I did the catamaran to sanoa island through amstar at the Dreams resort. You go to the island by catamaran then swim and have lunch then return by a speed boat. On the way back they stop at a natural swimming area out away from the shore and you will see and can pick up star fishes to view all for $81.00 per

Edited: 06 March 2011, 03:31
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,060 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sanoa trip

It depends on what you want from your tour to Saona Island. I really like the catamaran portion of that tour. If you get a good spot (I was up at the net) it's really peaceful and an enjoyable more than an hour of cruising. If you're on the body of the vessel, it's usually a bit more of a party, with drinking and dancing and pirates where you share the boat with 80 to 100 people! If you like that, it's a good option and Amstar offers some of the best tours. You can see my tour at outdoors.webshots.com/album/489092643CrzWYX

If you want a more ecological tour, with fewer people (26 people is the usual maximum), stopping at a private beach with a great snorkeling option, the Seavis tours are far better for you. www.seavisbayahibe.com Both of the tours stop at the natural swimming pool. When I stopped there on the catamaran tour, it was again more of the party atmosphere. When you go with Seavis, they head out from Bayahibe 30 minutes before the rest of the tours so that you're there alone. THAT is a spectacular moment! They offer two Saona tours, the more popular being the VIP. My recent trip with them is at travel.webshots.com/album/577077144nIIgGY

Kaki

Mentioned in this post
Bayahibe
Bayahibe
Dominican Republic
Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: sanoa trip

Thanks for your replys.

5. Re: sanoa trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 14:16