We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any reason for unbelievably high resort rates in August?

New York
Level Contributor
290 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Any reason for unbelievably high resort rates in August?

Does anyone can explain why rates for all resorts in Dominican Republic is higher in August than in November and December this year? Isn't August supposed to be off-season? I've never seen anything like this. Any thoughts?

Edited: 12 May 2011, 20:59
Mentioned in this post
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,069 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any reason for unbelievably high resort rates in August?

November is often a good time to travel and get a jump on good rates. December is usually only a value at the beginning, by Christmas it's one of the two most expensive times of the year. August, however, is a bit of a peak period if the hotel is sold to European travels who take their holidays then (and July). I was booking land only one year and managed to find good deals on the first days of the week, being the end of June, but once July 1 hit, the prices jumped.

If you are doing air and land separately, I may be able to hook you up with my Travel Agent who seems to pull in the best prices of anyone I've spoken to. If you want a package, she can't do anything for people outside of Canada.

Kaki

New York
Level Contributor
290 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any reason for unbelievably high resort rates in August?

Thank you for your reply. That's exactly what I thought - European travelers.

3. Re: Any reason for unbelievably high resort rates in August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2012, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Bayahibe