We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tell me about Bayahibe,

Ballina, Ireland
Level Contributor
656 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Tell me about Bayahibe,

Ok I have booked to go to bayahibe next january. However when I look up bayahibe I get the wonderful beaches stuff. So I intend to see much more than the hotel complex. We have no problems with leaving the complex and doing stuff.

What would you reccomend for us to check out while staying here. I know on our first day we will walk to the village and have a beer in a local spot, wander around. Anyone able to tell me of trips they took, locals that were organising stuff? bike or quad hire? anything. I would love to know more about the place than it has the dreams la romana hotel which is beautiful, but outside of that???.

Last year we hired moter bikes and quads and went around the area of samana , stopping in weird places for beer or coke a cola, and we had a blast.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,276 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tell me about Bayahibe,

You can check the website www.discoverbayahibe.com or the facebook page http://www.facebook.com/discoverbayahibe

for more pictures from the village

Happy travel

Denise

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
162 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tell me about Bayahibe,

hI Biddypatt!

Bayahibe is wonderful! there's a lot of things to do, even good scuba diving, there are some good restaurants at the beach area too. but I don't know if you can get quads in Bayahibe, buy I think yes. bigbite knows a lot about Bayahibe, check her posts. Have a rally nice travel!

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,276 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tell me about Bayahibe,

You can check proexcursionsbayahibe.com/snorkling-tours/in… they offer buggy tours as well, or http://www.bavarorunners.com/, they have many interesting tours including zipline or http://www.seavisbayahibe.com/

if you like fishing http://www.bayahibefishingcentre.com/

for private excursions www.divingdominican republic

or also you can use taxi to explore the area on your own with a private guide. You can message me if you want to and I will recommend you a great guy that speaks English really well. I arranged many trips for people from TA with him.

You can also check this blog

…wordpress.com/2011/05/22/excursions/

Denise

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tell me about Bayahibe,

Something different in offer is to witness the release of baby turtles and interact with the locals in the process at Saona island

another good one is to visit nearby cocoa plantation, the factory where they select, clean, and process the cocoa with a combination of sightseeing, river swimm and farm visit.

All this are not very turistic and you will have real contact with the dominicans

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tell me about Bayahibe,

Another nice thing to do is trekking the National East Park visiting the caves and spring water with some taino´s paint

sail in a traditional dominican sail boat while you fish and cook your catch on board

Scotland
Level Contributor
22 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tell me about Bayahibe,

oooh can you tell me how to do the turtle release trip please

Thanks

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tell me about Bayahibe,

I am currently working as volunteer with the man in charge of saving the turtles.

The turtles have to be hatched and there are not turtles everyday so it is a matter of expecting to have baby turtles when you are over here.

Even so you can still visit the sanctuary and get lots of information and some activities to help to save the turtles

you can pm

Ballina, Ireland
Level Contributor
656 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tell me about Bayahibe,

bigbite, you are a godsend, your suggestions are fantastic, . When in the Dominican before we hired a local guy with his mini bus and he showed us loads of cool stuff. So I hope to do the same around bayiahibe. While I love luxery hotels, it is a waste to travel so far and not witness the local scenery, meet the people and of course spend some money outside of the hotel complex.. locals are usually very happy to show folks around, and I love going to their local type bars , etc.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tell me about Bayahibe,

Biddy I completly agree with you. The beauty of travelling is to blend with the locals but unfortunately no many people share the same idea.

Pop in to see me when you come to Bayahibe to give you more ideas. I am in the village.

When are you coming?

I went to the sanctuary 2 days ago and some eggs already hedge!!! Try not to miss it, but as I said, there are not babys every day.

Ballina, Ireland
Level Contributor
656 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tell me about Bayahibe,

I won't be arriving until early January, but I am looking up as much as I can so I know about the area etc. I probably will pop in to see you when we are there, . I have no doubt that there will be a part of each day spent walking around the area or hiring local transport, and just being nosey.