We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IB hacienda dominicus

Which Bayahibe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
st joseph, mo
Level Contributor
92 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
IB hacienda dominicus

Have been to punta cana twice but am wanting something different to see and was thinging hard about hacienda dominicus as we had wondeful time at IB Bavaro. Was wondering how the two Iberostar complexes match up, Also have far is it to the village of Bayahibe and is it safe to venture over there as a couple. Thanks in advance for any feed back (SPOTTY)

Saskatoon
Level Contributor
357 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IB hacienda dominicus

I would like to know this too. We're booked into the IB HD for two weeks in Feb.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
4,430 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IB hacienda dominicus

Hi

I cannot advise you in the hotel as I haven´t been myself. I can tell you it has been number 1 until Dreams La Romana took over, so still one of the best in the area.

The area it is quiet safe and Bayahibe is just 5 min drive from your hotel.

You can take a local bus know as guagua and costs 25 pesos per person or take a taxi for $10 each way.

Tjhere is also a pedestrian zone in front of Viva hotels. If you go to the beach and go towards the local beach, the exit will lead you to the pedestrian area just 5-10 min walk.

The pedestrian road has shops, bars and restaurants. It will be more expensive than Bayahibe itself.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,166 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IB hacienda dominicus

As far as I've heard, Iberostar in Bavaro and in Dominicus have the same service. Cannot tell you from my own experience, because I live here, I get only a feedback from our clients.

Dominicus is about 40 minutes walk along the coast, not exactly on the beach all the time. It's safe during the day, I wouldn't suggest it at night, because there are no lights. You can see how it looks like in my album http://tinyurl.com/3sj3ksm

You will be only about 2 minutes beach walk from Dominicus village, more resorty village then Bayahibe. But a nice small place to walk around. If you want to see more of a local life, come to Bayahibe :)

Happy travel

Denise

Easton, Maryland
Level Contributor
15 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: IB hacienda dominicus

We have been to the Hacienda, as well as IB Punta Cana. We are scheduled to go back to the Hacienda in January, and I can't wait. What we love about it is the location and smaller size of the resort. The water is unbelievable. The sand is not as sugary white as Punta Cana. The drinks are fine, the food is more than adequate, and often very good. Overall, it is my favorite place in the Caribbean, and we have also been to PR, US Virgin Islands, and Riviera Maya in Mexico. An absolutely gorgeous place.

We are flying into Santo Domingo for the first time, since we couldn't get a good flight into LR. I liked the LR airport, and would prefer it, but alas, not meant to be. We hope the Santo Domingo Airport will be OK.

toronto
Level Contributor
81 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: IB hacienda dominicus

Hi Spotty,

I've been to both resorts, so I feel that i can comment on this topic. Both resorts are absolutely gorgeous.Although, I prefer IHD .It is smaller than the Iberostar Bavaro complex but the food was delicious and plentiful. The beach is gorgeous, calmer waters than Punta Cana. The staff were always willing to help and very friendly. I quite agree with PhyllisM0523's comment about this being her favorite place in the Caribbean. If you can, fly into La Romana airport, the transfer is only 20 minutes comparted to 2 hrs from Punta Cana. I've been to Aruba, Punta Cana, Mexico, Margarita Island, Puerto Plata, Jamaica and few other places in the Caribbean. For me, Bayahibe and IHD Dominicus is tied with Aruba. I've posted a review this past February about our stay at the hotel, if you wish to please read it. Also, we are headed back to IHD again at the end of January. Can't wait. :)

st joseph, mo
Level Contributor
92 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: IB hacienda dominicus

Thanks all for feed back on IHD. The wife and I will be there the 2nd week of Jan and are looking for a great time. Hope the weather is right.

Spotty

Rowlett, Texas
Level Contributor
53 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: IB hacienda dominicus

I'm very jealous! We've been 3 times & love it. I'm sure you will have a great time.

8. Re: IB hacienda dominicus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2012, 10:18