We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Taxi Question......

Avon, Connecticut
Level Contributor
395 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Another Taxi Question......

My husband and I are traveling to DLR in April. (Without the 3 kids-wahoo!) We are arriving at the La Romana airport. We currently have a transfer booked to Dreams from the airport through Expedia (Blue Travel). I was wondering if anyone could give me their opinion as to if it would be easier and/or faster to just use a taxi once we get to the airport for our transfer. I am more concerned with getting there quicker versus cheaper! Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
La Romana
La Romana
Dominican Republic
Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
4,436 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another Taxi Question......

I´m not sure how will be the transfer with Blue travel but just to your knowledge that Dreams La Romana will be the first hotel to stop by, so it will be just a matter of waiting for all the passangers to pass immigration and pick their luggage.

Otherwise most probably a private taxi will be the fastest and will charge you $30 for all. Easy to get out side the airport

Mentioned in this post
La Romana
La Romana
Dominican Republic
Avon, Connecticut
Level Contributor
395 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another Taxi Question......

Thanks so much for your help! For the return trip back to the airport, do you know if I would have to call a taxi myself or Dreams would help me with that?

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
4,436 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another Taxi Question......

Usually are a couple of taxis waiting nearby/outside the lobby area to give the service. So you can ask to the bell boy or in reception that you need a taxi and they will get it for you without a problem

Edited: 05 February 2012, 13:44
Avon, Connecticut
Level Contributor
395 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another Taxi Question......

Great! Again, thanks for your help. I have one last question (for now, anyways). I read in a review from a while ago that you can pay the $10 visitor fee before arriving so that getting through immigration can go quicker. Do you know anything about this? If this is true, do you know how I can do this?

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
4,436 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another Taxi Question......

Yes you can from the Dominican Embassy.

From the UK they charge 10 GBP in stead of $10.

I´m not sure if from the US will charge more than that.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,539 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another Taxi Question......

I am not sure if you can get the visa online if you are coming from US. All the talk about getting it online was from UK.

But sometimes the US and Canadian travelers have all taxes included in their package, so check with your travel agent.

Happy travel

Denise

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
4,436 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Another Taxi Question......

Denise,

You just reminded me that some European flights with charters include the fee in the price. At least used to be like that with Jetair.

Jackson, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
9,133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Another Taxi Question......

CTteachermom,

You get the $10 tourist card as you go thru customs, takes just a few minutes. Then a few steps later you turn it in.

Avon, Connecticut
Level Contributor
395 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Another Taxi Question......

Thank you, all, for your help! Sounds like going through customs is what I'll have to do. Does anyone know if the room safes will fit a laptop?

Avon, Connecticut
Level Contributor
395 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Another Taxi Question......

Thank you, all, for your help! Sounds like going through customs is what I'll have to do. Does anyone know if the room safes will fit a laptop?

Get answers to your questions about Bayahibe