We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to convince your spouse (FUN topic)

New York
Level Contributor
336 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
How to convince your spouse (FUN topic)

I hope this will be fun post and there is no right or wrong answer. I cannot promise any rewards for the best advice, yet, I promise to let you know which recommendation worked the best.

Here is my short introduction: my husband & I been to DR 5 times and loved it every time. But this year my husband is a bit more resistant to go DR (Catalonia) or anywhere else. So, what would you say to “push” your spouse to say “yes” to DR trip?

Thank you in advance.

Inella K

Quebec
Level Contributor
149 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to convince your spouse (FUN topic)

Humm, this will be a very interesting post, lol. Can't wait to read some the answers...

Would your husband be less resistant if it were another destination? Had a working colleague whose husband bought an AI vacation as a Christmas gift. She was not to know of the destination until Christmas. Well Christmas came and she opened the envelope and hold and behold it was Punta Cana. They had been going to the same destination but to different hotels for many years. She was hoping for a new destination, something a bit more exotic and out of the ordinary. That was several years ago and they are still going to Punta Cana.

Sometimes you need to add new spices to the mixture in order to get a new flavor, lol.

New York
Level Contributor
336 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to convince your spouse (FUN topic)

Thank you, Monique. I do hope this topic will bring fun & show how smart (smile) we all are!

But I do need more ideas for now…

NJ
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to convince your spouse (FUN topic)

I solved this problem a long time ago. I buy vacation as a BEST gift to my husband's birthday every April. Of course we both going. And how he can refuse?! This April - Iberostar Hacienda! It's also good gift for my birthday and for our anniversary. So 3 vacations are covered. lol

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
374 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to convince your spouse (FUN topic)

I simply just book the vacation and say guess where we are going!! I just booked one to the Outer Banks in NC for April and Catalonia for October!!

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,050 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to convince your spouse (FUN topic)

Can you find out the basis for why he's reluctant? If he doesn't want to go to the DR or anywhere, it sounds like he's harbouring a secret. Maybe he plans on surprising you with some treat requiring the family funds! Diamonds or a spectacular trip that he's working on. Or maybe it requires an intervention... This is serious business! :-p

Kaki

New York
Level Contributor
336 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to convince your spouse (FUN topic)

Diamonds are girl’s best friends, but NOT mine! I have no heart/desire for diamonds… and very happy that my husband respects it!

Now, after many talks, persuasions and begging my hubby again said “let’s book it”! He is great! We are off to DR… in June!!!

Kaki, would you join us in Catalonia?

Thank you all for your great advices, I might "use" it in the future!

Inella

Scarborough
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to convince your spouse (FUN topic)

I just leave it to my daughter-in-law. She can convince hubby much easier than i can. LOL.

As a matter of fact she just convinced him to go to Cuba in April. He was hept up about going out west in June but changed his mind when she talked to him about this deal she found for Cuba. (cheaper than going west by about $ 3000.00 )

New York
Level Contributor
336 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to convince your spouse (FUN topic)

You are lucky lady, 3rdtimer. But I do not have a daughter-in-law. :( LOL.

Edited: 27 February 2012, 14:28
9. Re: How to convince your spouse (FUN topic)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2013, 10:31