We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from La Romana Airport to Catalonia Dominicus

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
23 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from La Romana Airport to Catalonia Dominicus

Hello,

I am planning a trip for July and am curious about the cost of a taxi or private shuttle from La Romana Airport (LRM) to Catalonia Gran Dominicus. I am booking with JetBlue as they offer non-stop from NY to La Romana. They are offering Round Trip Transfers at $40 per adult and $20 per child. Was wondering if there are other transportation (shuttle)options. I already killed the idea of flying into Santo Domingo (too far).

Thanks,

Mentioned in this post
Catalonia Gran Dominicus
Catalonia Gran Dominicus
6,642 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Jackson, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
9,121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from La Romana Airport to Catalonia Dominicus

Take a Taxi, the price is per ride not per person. There are plenty just outside of customs. The price is about $45.

The non-stop flight is a big winner, you avoid the $125 taxi from SDQ.

england
Level Contributor
5,667 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from La Romana Airport to Catalonia Dominicus

Try these guys

cocotours.com/

Sparky

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
23 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from La Romana Airport to Catalonia Dominicus

Thanks guys... i will check both of those options.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,533 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from La Romana Airport to Catalonia Dominicus

Actually the taxi from La Romana airport to Bayahibe / Dominicus area is 35 USD each way for up to 5 people during the day, additional 10% after 7PM

Happy travel

Denise

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from La Romana Airport to Catalonia Dominicus

Do you recommend renting a car or taking a taxi? I'm going in 2 days and debating whether to take a taxi or rent a car. help! thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
23 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from La Romana Airport to Catalonia Dominicus

We are glad we booked the car ahead of time. It was fast and they were really nice. I used mydomicantransfers and highly recommend.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,533 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation from La Romana Airport to Catalonia Dominicus

I think it does not make sense to rent a car at the airport and let it stand for a week by the hotel and then go back to the airport. From my experience people usually do one or two trips during their stay, so at the end it's much cheaper to rent a car just for a day or two then for the whole vacation. But if you are travelers and want to explore and drive around every day, then of course it's better to rent a car. Just make sure you have a good insurance coverage.

Happy travel

Denise

8. Re: Transportation from La Romana Airport to Catalonia Dominicus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2013, 10:16