We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jungle Eco Tour

Which Bayahibe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
29 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Jungle Eco Tour

We wanted to take the Jungle Eco Tour offered by Seavis but it is not available on the days that we will be there. Does anyone know of a similiar tour with another company?

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,015 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jungle Eco Tour

You can see what Bayahibe Runners can do for you. discoverbayahibe.com/things-to-do/bayahibe-r… I went out with them on the same river barge portion as part of a tour of La Romana. It is a superb meal and the views up and down the Chavon River are spectacular. My outing also included visits to the cigar factory and a baseball stadium and Altos de Chavon too. You can see if they have something similar on the go or in the works.

I don't know of anything else like that Seavis tour for its stops. I too couldn't get out on it when I was in the area in February and I was disappointed as well.

Kaki

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
4,432 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jungle Eco Tour

There is no a tour exact like that but the walking route around the National East park that is part of what seavis does.

They visit PAdre Nuestro which you have the choice of doing the walking tour about 1.5 to explore nature, caves, fresh water springs where you can bath, with a guide (but do not speak English but can guide you and point you plants and interesting points.

The river will have to be as another trip.

You have the choice of going private and visit the river with Altos de Chavon by boat or doing a horse ride trip or zip line trip where involves visit to the river.

The Padre Nuestro trekking route cost $6 and includes the guide and the entrance.

You will need to buy this on the National East Park office and I recommend you that you do it early in the morning with appropiate shoes, and take water.

I have done the route several times myself and if you like nature it is apleasent walk.

Find a link with pics

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/…

3. Re: Jungle Eco Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 16:16