We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling at night from sdq to bayahibe/

nyc
Level Contributor
2,645 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
travelling at night from sdq to bayahibe/

I will be coming in to sdq after midnight. is it safe to take taxi to bayahibe or should i stay overnite in santo domingo?

Jackson, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
9,113 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling at night from sdq to bayahibe/

It is safe to take a taxi from SDQ. Take your normal precautions. I would feel much safer in Bayahibe than SD all things equal.

north carolina
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling at night from sdq to bayahibe/

In no way trying to be an alarmist but read here

dr1.com/forums/living/124391-us-embassy-secu…

May be best to stay close to the airport and travel the next day. Santo Domingo is a few miles out of your way to Bayahibe. Happy travels, Ben

Posted as RV was posting and while I do think it would be safe with a taxi for peace of mind you may want to wait until morning :)

Edited: 06 June 2012, 19:35
nyc
Level Contributor
2,645 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling at night from sdq to bayahibe/

Im leaning toward taking the taxi after midnight. I have arrived late before (4 30am) heading into the city with a rental car to sleep for 3 hours, before heading to samana. i felt like I wasted a day and money. what time does the sun go up anyway? 530am? thanks for the responses.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,533 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling at night from sdq to bayahibe/

The sunrise is shortly after 6 AM now.

To go to Santo Domingo from the airport is about 30 - 40 minutes minimum, depending on the hotel you go to and you have to take a taxi anyways. That is probably a one third of the travel time to Bayahibe, so I would rather take a taxi directly to Bayahibe. Just make sure you agree on the price before you get to the taxi and pay after arrival.

Happy travel

Denise

nyc
Level Contributor
2,645 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travelling at night from sdq to bayahibe/

thanks for the advice folks. unless the misses wants to visit the colonial zone in the morning, i guess were going to bayahibe from the airport after midnight.

6. Re: travelling at night from sdq to bayahibe/

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 00:40