We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving to Viva Dominicus Beach soon w/Sister.. suggestions

Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Arriving to Viva Dominicus Beach soon w/Sister.. suggestions

Suggestions?

We will be staying at an Oceanfront Bungalow at Viva Dominicus Beach. If anyone has gone recently can u please give us some tips? Where to eat? What to do? How to avoid getting sick? anything would really help. Excursions? Where? With who? How much is it? Souvenirs? How to get a hold of your family back home? Any please :-) Thank you so much :-)

Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving to Viva Dominicus Beach soon w/Sister.. suggestions

Also what about bug spray? sunblock? which bug spray did I use.. Well insect repellent?

Thank u

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving to Viva Dominicus Beach soon w/Sister.. suggestions

I'm going in October, how was your trip? Did you ever get any answers? I've got a few of the same.

Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving to Viva Dominicus Beach soon w/Sister.. suggestions

It was really great, most of the questions I had I got answers to but by actually being there. What are your questions? Let me know :-D

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Arriving to Viva Dominicus Beach soon w/Sister.. suggestions

Any tips? I've read a lot about getting VIP bracelets, but haven't seen how or where. How was the food? Any issues with the room? I'm also staying in one of the ocean front bungalows.

nyc
Level Contributor
2,297 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arriving to Viva Dominicus Beach soon w/Sister.. suggestions

id like to offer my tips. order thru the whyndham website, become a member (free) and get oceanfront palace. the rooms where remodeled, and you will be on the broadwalk/strip. the beach side has more action and set up better, with the resturaunts shops and snack bars and pool set up like a small city. the beach front bungalos nearest to the trapeze seemed very quiet,vip bracelet lets you go anywhere , like that area next to the atlantis resturaunt, but beach access is not as good. i stayed in building 58 59 and these were in a perfect location. again get your reservation thru the website and speak to an operator for reservation. you get vip bracelet which also permits you to reserve the ala carte for the rest of your stay. last advice, double up on suntan lotion toiletries at home as they are expensive at the resort.

Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arriving to Viva Dominicus Beach soon w/Sister.. suggestions

Hi! Sorry I am just now responding, it's been a busy couple of days. Let me start by saying I booked my trip through Groupon that got me a great deal on the room for 2 people. They came with Ocean Bungalows. :) im going to start with my arrival at the airport. We had booked a pick up from the airport with Viva dominicus beach prior to our arrival to ensure we wOuld safely reach the resort. We decided to do a group pick up with others who were arriving at the same airport. We were told that the company to pick us up was exclusive to Viva but it wasn't so because other on the bus were going to different resorts, luckily ours was the first stop. Also I don't know where u are arriving but San Domingo is a lot farther than I thought it was, with traffic it took us 2 hrs to arrive at Wyndham. The drivers were very nice and the bus had a/c. You can also get a private Pick up but it's more expensive but I'm sure quicker since we had to wait for about an hour for all passengers to arrive at the airport. Be prepared with tip money, they ask you for it. The ones who help put your luggage in the bus and once you arrive as well. So take a lot of dollar bills. Once we arrived it took a while to check in, there was a long line and it was moving a little slow. With out Groupon they had to go in the back to do something. They give you your contract and explain the rules and give u a wristband... Our was all inclusive so we got a green one. This is a plastic wristband u have to keep on the rest of the trip so be prepared to get a funny tan lol. :-) they give you 2 room cards and 2 beach towel cards... U lose them and you have to pay I think 30 dollars as a fee... So keep them safe. Ok my phone is going to die so I'll continue as soon as I get on my desktop ok :) there's a lot more :)

Conroe, Texas
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Arriving to Viva Dominicus Beach soon w/Sister.. suggestions

I would love to hear what else you have to say about your stay in Dominican Republic, I will visiting resort in Sept, although I have been there it has been 10 years. Thanks, Angie

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
270 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Arriving to Viva Dominicus Beach soon w/Sister.. suggestions

Hello, my husband and I will be staying at the palace in mid November. We are wondering what kind of drinks the resort offers. We visited Cuba a few years ago, and it was beer beer beer. Other drinks were made out of powder, and ice cubes. I wanted to have a Pina Colada, and out came a bag of white powder, alcohol, etc. Was hoping this resort had a bit more selection and better made drinks! Another question, are there time limits on their water sport equipment? Kayak, catamaran etc... Also, we are big history buff's and would like to visit Santo Domingo one day. Anyone have any suggestions of good tour groups to use? We are so excited for this holiday. No kids, just the two of us! We took a suitcase full of clothing and shoes that did``t fit our kids when we went to Cuba; we have another load of stuff that we were thinking of bringing to the Dominican. Would it be a good idea, or would the locals be offended... Thanks for the info!

9. Re: Arriving to Viva Dominicus Beach soon w/Sister.. suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 21:19