We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viva Dominicus Beach or Plaza

Which Bayahibe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Whitby, Ontario
Level Contributor
83 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Viva Dominicus Beach or Plaza

Wondering which is better. We are not picky, just want a beautiful beach, average food and a clean place to sleep, Been to many resorts in DR-Punta Cana, Puerta Plata & Samana. Never been to this area before.

Any advise will be helpful. Also would definetly upgrade to superior room, help on which bldg or room would be great

Thanks.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,252 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Viva Dominicus Beach or Plaza

I am guessing you mean Viva Beach or Palace. Both resorts are beside each other, on the same beach in Dominicus.

Happy travel

Denise

Whitby, Ontario
Level Contributor
83 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Viva Dominicus Beach or Plaza

Yes, sorry I meant Palace. Already booked for the Beach, with superior room. Do you have any suggestions for which building etc. For what I am reading that it gets pretty noisy at night, would prefer to stay away from that.

Appreciate your response.

Conroe, Texas
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Viva Dominicus Beach or Plaza

I was at the beach 10 years ago, absoluetly loved it! From what I have gathered the palace may be a little more upper class and low key. I have booked the beach again for 9/12 for a week, this time staying in a beach front bungalow. last time i stayed in standard room. didnt mind the room though it could have used some upgrading, i was never in it. if you arent a picky person and are simply there for the scenery as we have been, then you will love the resort considering the price, i hope you booked on the wynhdam website???? you will find your best prices there, i got my bungalow for 534.00 for 2, all inclusive for 6 days. i have heard some nightmare stories about people upgrading to superior and not getting what they pay for. also i was told that if you book through wynhdam, and join rewards (no cost), you will get better treatment, we will see. Hope some of this info is helpful.

england
Level Contributor
5,648 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Viva Dominicus Beach or Plaza

Just had a look at their site..

Sept is coming in at $128 per night AI for 2 people.. No way would I call that cheap.. Dunno how you got that price but it's well below what they're offering now..

Sparky

Conroe, Texas
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Viva Dominicus Beach or Plaza

Yeah I know I book in June, I was looking also, My sister is considering going with us. I do know that it is cheaper at least from Houston, to book your airfare and room cheaper from there site, as a vacation package.

Conroe, Texas
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Viva Dominicus Beach or Plaza

also wanted to let you know something, I was a little confused on the different rates they offered on the site, as some of them were the exact same room, just listed a lower price - higher price, so I called the customer service on the website. I was told that it is just different incentives they offer. For example the stay 3 save 30% at 89.00 per night and the best available all inclusive at 128.00 per night are the exact same thing. Both include the all inclusive package. I just wanted to explain this and see if it made a difference in what you were coming up with.

nyc
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Viva Dominicus Beach or Plaza

order thru the website speak to the operator. ocean front double queen in the palace side will work perfect for 2 or 4 people.newly renovated. i stayed in building 58/59 and was very happy with the location. by reserving thru the website and sign up for member privalige (free) you could reserve all the ala cartes at one time thru guest services. i reservered 2 adults 1 child (free) but the website reservation did not know that, and charged me extra. the phone reservation operator fixed it for me and gave me the best possible rate.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Viva Dominicus Beach or Plaza

The Viava Beach is larger and has a reef to snorkell.

It is nicer than the Palace but I guess you can try both beaches

9. Re: Viva Dominicus Beach or Plaza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2013, 10:17