We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best resort for family vacation with 3 year old

Beautiful, North...
Level Contributor
261 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Best resort for family vacation with 3 year old

Looking for some current suggestions (lots of posts i have read so far are from years ago) for resorts to stay for our vacation. My husband and I will be traveling with our 3 year old and we are thinking of going in October. Family friendly, decent/fresh food, all inclusive, nice beach, (calm, shallow, clean) clean rooms. We do not need a 5 star resort, but we don't want a dump either ;) and we have traveled to other islands with our daughter already. Thanks!!

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
2,012 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best resort for family vacation with 3 year old

DReams La Romana! Great resort with lots to do for the kids.

Beautiful, North...
Level Contributor
261 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best resort for family vacation with 3 year old

Dreams La Romana is on my list!! :)

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
2,012 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best resort for family vacation with 3 year old

The kids really love the sea trampolines and the pool has some icebergs that looked like they were being used.

Markham, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best resort for family vacation with 3 year old

Just came back from Dreams La Romana. Did like the resort--beautiful. We're not picky, but my husband and I did not enjoy the food. We took a 6 and 8 year old and they seemed to like the food and the activities, esp the mini disco at night. But, shows are late and my kids could barely stay up to enjoy them, so I'm not sure how sleepy your 3 year old gets. Also, your 3 year old won't be able to climb the iceberg (mine couldn't do it--too hard for them) and the sea trampoline is difficult too. Adults aren't allowed on it, so hard to bring up the 3 year old. The beach is great for that age and we found the "infinity" pool was great because it had that shallow walk through and the ledge around it. We wished there was a zero entry pool, but the beach was good enough for that and we enjoyed our time.

Just a word of advice--my husband and I both got "funny tummy" and this is the first time it's happened to me! We were careful too (no using sink water etc..., avoiding salads)....our kids did not get sick, which was a godsend. We knew of MANY people experiencing tummy issues and having to run to the bathroom. I'm not saying you will have this trouble, but before we went, we had read the reviews and wondered. Then it happened to us! We brought Pepto and Immodium (kids need liquid Pepto, just as a FYI --so bring just in case ) and my husband almost went through the whole bottle of Pepto to settle his stomach. I was manageable. Not sure what is going on, but that was our reality.

Santo Domingo...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best resort for family vacation with 3 year old

Defenetelly Dreams La Romana! You can read my review and see how great is for families with young children.

I travel a lot in the country, and visit many resorts. Dreams La Romana is my 4 and 6 year olds favourite resort in the whole country!

6. Re: Best resort for family vacation with 3 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2014, 07:16