We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa de Campo new security access procedure

Which Bayahibe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Santo Domingo...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Casa de Campo new security access procedure

An update in the new security procedures to access CASA DE CAMPO and ALTOS DE CHAVON

The Security access has become even more strict, and now they are asking for visitors TO SHOW THEIR PERSONAL ID besides the charge of the US$25 + US$5 per person.

This wont affect the clients of organized tours, but it does affect the independent travellers, the visitors travelling b by taxi or rented cars.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa de Campo new security access procedure

Just for the record, if you want to access Altos de Chavon you can do it by the river and they only charge $5 per adult. Kids are free

Note that you get this way you will need to take a tour who does this route or rent a taxi boat from Bayahibe PLUS CLIMB 300 STEPS !!!!

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa de Campo new security access procedure

@bigbite they need to install a Stannah Stair Lift for lazy people like me LOL

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa de Campo new security access procedure

Just another nail in the coffin for the places in Altos de Chavon. Few shops left and the restaurants were empty. When we went, our reosrt (Dreams) called ahead and we did not have to pay the fee.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa de Campo new security access procedure

Lol

YB1 you should try is not that bad, really

dotneko,

some hotels and tour operators they have special arrangements with Casa de Campo.

To go only there I believe you may be disappointed but if you combine it with something as part of a tour it is much more appealing Altos de Chavon it is in fact an artificial village, an there is not really a residential area so the only people you meet will be visitors

Santo Domingo...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa de Campo new security access procedure

Dotneko, you are right: Dreams La Romana has that special treatment since the Property/land where the Hotel is built belongs to Casa de Campo. But clients must organize first through Public Relations.

Bigbite: this new procedure is from Jajuary 2013. Costyasur security is not letting hotel clients go in without ID either.

Only yestarday I had to help a family of 4 (with 2 toddlers) who travelled from a Punta Cana Hotel by taxi, and were not allowed in for lack of ID.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa de Campo new security access procedure

I go to Altos de Chavon almost every week climbing the stairs from the river.

I was even there yesterday and they haven't asked for any ID to anyone.

I did ask at the cashier and apparently is the guide who needs to be identified, not the whole group.

If you go without guide, best to take Id just in case

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,756 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa de Campo new security access procedure

"The Security access has become even more strict"

Maybe it is a case of the "locals" not wanting the tourists now!

8. Re: Casa de Campo new security access procedure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2014, 06:19