We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkelling at Dreams Resort

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
170 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkelling at Dreams Resort

We would like to try snorkelling when we are at the Dreams resort.

Can you snorkel right from the shore or do you have to swim a long ways out in the water. Only an average swimmer so wasn't sure.

Is there any under tow in the water?

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
106 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkelling at Dreams Resort

You have a medium swim out to the reef from shore. You can probably walk over halfway out then swim once you get to the pier. I too am an average swimmer and I had no problems. A set of fins will help you alot and make the swim much easier. Wasnt much of an untertow at all when I was there, waves got a little pushy one day but most days it was a nice relaxing snorkel. I dont believe they loan fins out with the snorkel equipment but I am not %100 sure on that.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,053 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkelling at Dreams Resort

If you go to the area beside the pier, you can walk right into the water to my favourite reefs, bypassing the swimming that you'd have to do if you launch from the beach. The loungers by the pier are for Preferred Club guests so you may have to leave your towel or personal items in the grassy area of the pier, but you can also leave them at your lounger on the beach and then on your return you can let the waves wash you ashore at the main beach. You then would only have to swim one way.

I'm not even an average swimmer, but I can make myself mobile and the salt water is very forgiving. A winning combination!

Kaki

New jersey
Level Contributor
339 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkelling at Dreams Resort

I was hoping to leave my fins home and just bring the snorkel, mask & maybe my vest (never leave home without it).

Oh please, please tell me they do have fins to lend.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkelling at Dreams Resort

They do have fins to lend at Gri Gri Divers for 1 hour each day.

I love the Snorkeling at Dreams LaRomana! Its one of my fav places!

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
106 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkelling at Dreams Resort

I would recommend taking hour fins, you can use there fins for 1 hour, the dive shop is on the other side of the resort, not a really long walk but long enough that it really cuts your in water time to a little more than a half hour. Not sure how strict they are on the 1 hour limit........

6. Re: Snorkelling at Dreams Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2014, 06:16