We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooms at Dreams La Romana

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Rooms at Dreams La Romana

Hi. I am thinking of booking to stay at dreams la romana for two weeks in the middle of June and i am a little confused about the different rooms that are available - we will be booking a 'premium double' - has anyone stayed in this type of room? What is it like and what facilities does it have?

Also, does anyone know what the weather is like in June?

Any help/advice is really appreciated.

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
693 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rooms at Dreams La Romana

Hello!

I am staying at DLR on 22nd June (flying from manchester) for my 2nd visit, the premium rooms are the nice blue ones in the brochure and on the website, either with massive king bed or 2 doubles. Large shower and bathroom, tv, dvd player, ipod dock, mini bar refilled daily with water beer and fizzy pop like coke and fanta. 24hour room service is amazing. If you would like to see a video add me on facebook and i will send on across to you.

My name is Sophie Langford, picture is of me and my fiancee standing by a tree :)

Weather - I stayed last June 7th to 22nd and weather was lovely and hot day of overcast and rain but still boiling and didnt stop us from going in the pool and having fun!

Any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Edited: 04 March 2013, 23:19
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rooms at Dreams La Romana

Hi there

We have had the same problem , we have booked with first choice and have chosen a deluxe double , in the description of the room it says we get things like private check in and out , concierge service , a private room to eat breakfast in , bath robes and slippers etc, i thought these types of rooms were for the prefered club guests. I rang first choice today they said they are standard rooms as is the premium double that you have mentioned , he said we would get 2 double beds and all the things i have mentioned above and would have a garden view , so im still confused cause from all the reviews etc i have read i just thought pc guests got the private check in etc.

Perhaps someone will be able to tell us who has already stayed at Dreams !

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rooms at Dreams La Romana

Thanks Sophie ive just read your message !!!

Edited: 04 March 2013, 23:28
Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
693 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rooms at Dreams La Romana

The first choice room descriptions on there website are quite confusing, If on your booking confirmation it says you are staying in a deluxe double room i would speak to first choice again and read out the description on there website to confirm it as they should honor what you have booked and what they are describing. However i know that the difference between normal and preferred rooms are not really any different besides from bed sheets are black instead of blue, normal premium rooms still get slippers and dressing gown as well (well i did last year and sure i will this year if i don't i will ask and i'm sure i will get) and good mini bar and room service,

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rooms at Dreams La Romana

Hi Sophie again,

(we must have been typing our last messages at the same time)

Are the rooms noisy like alot of people mention ? Is there a better block to be in?

Thanks again :-)

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
693 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rooms at Dreams La Romana

I suppose it depends if your next to noisy neighbours the main noise we heard was walking in the hall ways (handy when your listening out for room service arriving!) and people watching tv but it was never a problem as people never seemed to have it on late and wasnt really loud more like quite back ground noise. We stayed in 2 rooms as we had a maintenance problem which the hotel quickly sorted out, i think the rooms on the 2nd floor are better because on the 3rd floor you get birds in the roof making a noise quite early in the morning but its not a problem on the 2nd floor.

We stayed in block 4 which i am trying to sort out staying in again it was great location central to everything.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rooms at Dreams La Romana

Thats great Sophie thank you,

I have just printed out the first choice room descriptions and im going to go in to see them and ask more about what they say we are getting with our room like its says vip status and amenities , upgraded toiletries, internet access etc

, the bloke i spoke to on the phone wasnt too helpful so best go and see them .

Thank you for all your help,

julie

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rooms at Dreams La Romana

They have a facebook presence and are quick to answer direct questions. I get daily pictures on my feed LOL.

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
693 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rooms at Dreams La Romana

Yeah Louise is lovely she will answer any questions and is usually on Facebook quite often so you wont have to wait long for a reply.

liverpool
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rooms at Dreams La Romana

Does anyone know what blocks 1,2 and 3 are like?

We’re due to arrive at DLR on 23-03-13, I asked if we could be located in block 5 or 7 and was told we are only able to choose from blocks 1,2 and 3

Anyone got any photo’s of the rooms and what they can look out to?

Are any of them refurbished more than others or if any particular block is better for any reason in particular?