We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

january weather

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
january weather

Hi guys we went to dreams in september 2011, as you can imagine it was hot hot hot but a number of heavy rain days and the threat of the hurricane weather did stick in my mind a fair bit whilst we were there.

We are considering going in January and I was wondering what everyone else's experience was who has been in bayahibe in january?

Lot of rain? windy? cool at night? still warm enough to be swimming in the pools/sea etc

thanks for your anticipated help

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,357 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: january weather

January till March (and this year even later) is the driest time of the year. It gets a bit cooler at night but the days are still hot. The sea temperature is around 27C / 80F so still good for swimming.

I post the daily weather updates with pictures on Facebook page Discover Bayahibe

https://www.facebook.com/discoverbayahibe

so you can look at the last January and the year before to see how the weather was.

Denise

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: january weather

I keep wind and rain records for our watersports business here. As Denise said January is a great time to visit as it's not as hot n humid as September. This January there were only a couple of days at the end of the month when it was overcast with short showers - but it was ONLY in the early morning, the skies were clear again by 11am :-) Evenings can be pleasantly fresh so bring something lightweight to cover up with.

3. Re: january weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2014, 07:17