We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in May

Which Bayahibe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Weather in May

I noticed from the weather forecast it's in the high 90s each day this week? Is this typical weather for this time if year? Or is it unusually warm? Thanks can't wait to go to DLR! Countdown is on!

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,253 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in May

Right now at 10 AM we have 29C / 84F, by 3 PM it might be 31C /88F, but with the humidity factor will feel a bit higher. And that is the end of April, in May will be between 31 - 32C / 88 - 90F. And that is the normal weather we have here in Bayahibe :)

I am posting daily weathar updates on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/discoverbayahibe so you can lok at the wethaer from the last May and the year before to see.

You can also see the weather live at http://bayahibewebcam.com/

Happy travel

Denise

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,034 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in May

I find that it starts to feel super warm by 90, especially with the humidity, but then it feels the same for another 10 degrees--just plain ol' hot and wet. Of course it's worse in the sun, but if you retreat to the shade, a pool or the ocean periodically, you can get used to the feeling. I haven't noticed a big difference between April and May in the past, though there is a bigger difference comparing to January (when it can still be hot and wet, but more comfortable).

You will see that the variance that Denise is citing is just a couple of degrees. For most of North America, we will notice more drastic changes between those months but that won't be the same in the DR.

Kaki

kent
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in May

Hi Kaki I have chatted with you and others quite a few times in the past but its been a while since we had a holiday and have now decided we may go back to DLR having been there in all its previous guise's ie Cas del mar etc.I was wondering firstly is there a forum friends any more? as we enjoyed both the extra attention from the management and the meals on the beach,also what is the weather like in July? having had 1 week of one of our holidays washed out due to the end of a hurrican!! Thanks Chris & Anne

Winthrop, Maine
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in May

Hola pen8fold: There is no more Forum Friends. We also liked that touch very much. They do have a beach dinner, and other activities that make up for the FF. They now have a Preferred section with it;s own beach lounging area and pool, plus many other amenities. If you can do the Preferred, we would suggest it highly.

We are going back to DLR in November for our 6th time. We are all booked and counting down the days. As to the weather in May, we can't help there since all of our trips have been in November.

Mike & Cyndie - The Maineacs

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
29 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in May

Hi Kaki -- when you say hot and wet, do you mean it will rain a lot as well? I've been looking at my weather forecast app and it says it will be 30-50% chance of rain everyday. Does this mean all day, or sporadic little bits of rain? I was hoping for hot and sunny, not hot and rainy :( We're heading out in the AM for Dreams!

Yonkers, New York
Level Contributor
65 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in May

I would like to know about the weather too!

Im seeing rain everyday that I am suppose to be there as well.

May 19 - 25.. Please let me have sun!!! :-)

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,253 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in May

The weather forecast always says showers, rain or storms, all year around. You can read my daily weather updates on Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/discoverbayahibe

you can also see it live at http://bayahibewebcam.com/

Dreams resort is a short beach walk from Bayahibe village, but 15 minute drive from La Romana city and the weather in La Romana is not always the same.

Usually the end of May might be a bit wet, but don't expect heavy and cold rain for days. We might get a shower or two, and back to sunshine right after. That's why it might be humid. The temperatures will be around 30 C / 86F during the day and 25C / 77F at night

Happy Travel

Denise

8. Re: Weather in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2014, 05:18