We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams, Bayahibe, Dominicus, island questions

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
7,312 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Dreams, Bayahibe, Dominicus, island questions

We're looking at booking Dreams for late-April, 2014, we visited Bayahibe and Sanoa Island/Natural Pool on a Carnival cruise (Seavis was excellent) and we want to return to spend more time in the area. We didn't get a chance to see any of the Bayahibe area other than the beach we departed from, and of course we never made it to Dominicus.

I gather from earlier research there are some small shops as well as restaurants and bars to enjoy in both Bayahibe and Dominicus, is that right? I've read there is also some entertainment (music and dancing) in the evening in Bayahibe?

Is the shopping in Dominicus different/better than Bayahibe? That is, are there more of the US stores there and not just local souvenir shops?

We plan to take the full day Seavis excursion while there that also hits Catalina Island (I think), any yeas or nays on that? Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Looks like we'll have to fly into PUJ and pay almost $200 for RT transfers but still looking at that.

Thank you in advance, looking forward to spending a couple weeks there!

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,361 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams, Bayahibe, Dominicus, island questions

Dominicus has some boutiques that sell mostly Italian fashion, there is one in Bayahibe, but it would be better if you go to La Romana, you will have more choices. Or if you want an American style shopping, go to Santo Domingo. There are few shopping malls, the newest mall is called Agora, just across Ikea, you will feel like being in Miami :)

For 200 USD return trip you can get a private taxi between PUJ and Bayahibe / Dominicus.

Happy travel

Denise

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
7,312 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams, Bayahibe, Dominicus, island questions

Thanks. Didn't mean to make shopping a big deal, just remember someone saying Dominicus had more shopping and of course the girls picked that up! But we will certainly want to see the town.

Thanks Denise!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
404 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams, Bayahibe, Dominicus, island questions

I have not been to Bayahibe yet so I can't answer most of your questions...but I have been looking for transfer service and found shared transfer through cocotours.com for $160 round trip. I don't know if you are interested in shared or private, but it's an option! Otherwise, $200 round trip seems to be the status quo.

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
7,312 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams, Bayahibe, Dominicus, island questions

Amstar is recommended by the resort and past guests and their pricing is$83pp roundtrip for 4 ppl, $124pp for 2 ppl. We certainly don't need private transfer and we will look into the other options as we get closer as well.

Thanks!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
404 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams, Bayahibe, Dominicus, island questions

Wow that is a really excellent price. Would you mind sharing amstar's contact info? I'd like to get in touch with them and get a quote...

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,361 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreams, Bayahibe, Dominicus, island questions

amstardmc.com/dominican_republic/transport.p…

I believe this is the one

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
7,312 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreams, Bayahibe, Dominicus, island questions

That is it, thx demi

8. Re: Dreams, Bayahibe, Dominicus, island questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2014, 06:18