We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Weather

Hi

I have strict holidays next year so I'm looking to go to bayhibie in either January or may.. However I have heard may is rain season. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Bath, UK
Level Contributor
308 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

My understanding is that January is one of the coolest months with the lowest humidity. May is likely to be wetter but also hotter. We went to Punta Cana last January and found the daytime temperatures pretty hot with the evening temps very pleasant without the overbearing humidity of other times of the year. We have already booked Dreams La Romana for next January. I am sure you will get more detailed info from other people on this forum but thought I would chip in with my limited knowledge.

Cheers

Steve

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

The best weather is between January and March, we didn't have rain during the past winter for almost 4 months. May might be a bit rainy, especially the last week or so. It's still warm, the rain is refreshing, they are mostly short showers and back to sunshine right after. But you never know, we might have May with no showers at all (as it happened in the past already :)

If you use Facebook, you can look at the page Discover Bayahibe https://www.facebook.com/discoverbayahibe I post daily weather updates with photos. Look at the time line and see how the weather was each months in the past few years and decide based on that.

Denise

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

Thank you! Very helpful I think we may go January to dreams la x

Santo Domingo...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

Great choice Stacey! January is a great time to come to Bayahibe!

Bath, UK
Level Contributor
308 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather

We've booked for January too ......... can't wait!

6. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2014, 07:19