We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from PUJ

sc
Level Contributor
152 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from PUJ

Anyone know if there is a set price from PUJ to Viva Wyndham Palace? I was told 1 hr max journey if in private taxi - is this correct? Thx

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
7,546 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from PUJ

We're planning on a transfer company, some like amstar offer private vehicles, others are shared for less $. You can check http://www.amstardmc.com/index.php for their pricing if interested.

I'm told it's a 40 - 45 min ride each way with the new highway

Edited: 08 July 2013, 19:04
sc
Level Contributor
152 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from PUJ

I checked Amstar and got quoted $248 round trip. I had hoped the taxi's were less. I thought I read somewhere it was $100 each way by cab.

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
7,546 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from PUJ

Yes for 2 ppl the price is $248, we're traveling with another couple and it's $166/couple. This is roundtrip of course. Taxi fares look to still be $120 one-way for 5 ppl.

sc
Level Contributor
152 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from PUJ

I am still shopping around ;) Dominicanairporttransfers quoted $196 return. In the Punta Cana forum someone quoted prices as $120 one way or $150 return. Though responses so far are saying the return for just $30 extra cannot be right.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
7,546 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from PUJ

Yes we will keep looking as well, and the $248 for 2 ppl really adds to the cost of the vacation for one couple!

Bavaro, Dominican...
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from PUJ

I doubt you'll get a much better price than $196 roundtrip that seems very reasonable in my opinion.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from PUJ

Taxi Bavaro Punta Cana, which is the same company that operates taxis at Punta Cana airport: one way $US120 / round trip $US150 per vehicle for 1-4 passengers with extra passengers at $US5 pp. The one way price is posted on a big board in the outer arrivals hall. The round trip price is on their website - see Tarif under Club Dominicus (Bayahibe) siutratural.com/website/index.php…

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
sc
Level Contributor
152 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from PUJ

Thanks for the clarification! Do you know if you can pre-book with the company? As someone posted on the other forum it would be hard to imagine why someone would come back to pick you up in a week for an extra $30 - there must be some way to guarantee it? Or pay $75 on arrival with the promise the same guy will come back in a week for his other $75?

sc
Level Contributor
152 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from PUJ

Just spotted 'contacto' on that website - will ask the question and post back here.

10. Re: Taxi from PUJ

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2014, 06:19