We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at Dream La Romana - best airport?

Which Bayahibe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ashland...
8 posts
Save Topic
Staying at Dream La Romana - best airport?

Hi,

Am booking a trip to Dreams La Romana in February. When I went to book flights, website said that Santa Domingo and La Romana airports were the closest to Dreams. I was reading posts and they say to fly into Punta Cana because the new road makes for quick travel. It is too expensive for me to fly into La Romana but about the same for SDQ and PUJ. Which is faster travel time to Dreams La Romana?

Winthrop, Maine
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at Dream La Romana - best airport?

Hola: You can make it to Dreams la Romana from all three airports:

Transfer times:

LRM (La Romana)------- 15 minutes

Punta Cana (PUJ)-------- 45 minutes

Santo Domingo (SDQ)-- 1 hr 45 minutes

LRM is the closest. But as you found out, transfers from Punta Cana (PUJ) are around 45 minutes on the new highway. PUJ would be you best bet if you aren't flying into LRM. We have flown to all 3 airports and transferred to Dreams La Romana.

Good luck.

Mike & Cyndie - The Maineacs

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at Dream La Romana - best airport?

Punta Cana airport is terrible - long lines. We flew into the La Romana airport and it was a breeze - in and out in 15 minutes. No hassle, no leaving 4 hours before your flight to get back to Punta Cana airport and still wondering if you left enough time.

Never flew into SDQ, so cannot comment on that.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at Dream La Romana - best airport?

Airport Taxi costs to Dreams La Romana:

from LRM $US30-35 one way 1-5 passengers.

from PUJ $US120 one way 1-5 passengers.

from SDQ $US100-110 one way 1-5 passengers.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
841 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying at Dream La Romana - best airport?

We flew into SDQ and I would not recommend it. It was a long ride (pretty interesting though), but I'd rather be there in less than an hour after flying for 10 hrs. It was very expensive for us to fly into La Romana, so if you're between SDQ and PUJ, go with PUJ.

new jersey
Level Contributor
801 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying at Dream La Romana - best airport?

good info was given by everyone. also keep in mind you save money by booking a package. $30 per person each way that was from SDQ. we go as a couple so it was $120 round trip. also depends on arrival time and traffic and how fast the driver is.

Winthrop, Maine
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying at Dream La Romana - best airport?

Hola: Of course, LRm is the best option because it is the closest. PUJ the next, and Santo Domingo the furthest away. We have flown into all three and transferred to Bayahibe (Iberostar and Dreams La Romana. All trips have been fine, with the only differences being the length of the trip.

We have never had any problems (long lines & delays) at Punta Cana (PUJ). Our only problem occurred at LRM last year where there were very long lines in checking in at departure. That said, it all depends if your flight leaves or arrives at the same time as other flights, especially the jumbo jets from Europe.

Have fun. We are off to Dreams La Romana, arriving at LRM, in 3 weeks!!!!!!

Mike & Cyndie - The Maineacs

PS to Funtimes85: When I arrive at DLR I will be sure and give Carlos Gill a hug and a hello for you. ;-) ;-)

new jersey
Level Contributor
801 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Staying at Dream La Romana - best airport?

LOL mike you do that. :) anyone i should say hi to at iberostar for you? the drive has been cut down about 20 min from SDQ with the new high way work. i like the direct flight if it overall cuts down the travel time. have a great time!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Staying at Dream La Romana - best airport?

On a side note, what time should we leave for la romana airport if we're staying at dreams la romana.,. Our flight is at 5:30pm. Should we be at the airport by 3:30pm Thanks.

new jersey
Level Contributor
801 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Staying at Dream La Romana - best airport?

gloria i would give it just a little more time. you never know how long the check in luggage line will be. plus the tiny and hard to read exit form to fill out then customs. i would feel a little bit more relaxed at 2 1/2 hours just to be shore. have a great time.

10. Re: Staying at Dream La Romana - best airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2014, 04:17