We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Full Day Saona and Catalinita excursion

Montreal
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Full Day Saona and Catalinita excursion

Going Bayahibe next month and will stay in hotel Catalonia Gran Dominicus for 7 days. we gonna spent 4-5 days to finish PADI open water diver course. that give us only one day left to have the island excursion. did a bit research and found out there are some companies offer 2 islands tour, including Seavis, Pro excursions, Santo Domingo vacation d'elite, Scubafun and Coral point diving. other companies ether not speak English or too expensive, so I dont border. Also on seavis' website I found out Catalinita is recently ban to enter. but only on Seavi but not other company's website. Is it real? any idea when it will open again? or if its not possible we will have to take Saona excursion.

for Saona island, I think the most beautiful part for sure is Canto de la Playa. I am sure all four companies I found except Coral point diving go Canto de la Playa. and here is the little info I found.

Pro excursions: $99.USD LOBSTER no alcoholic

Seavis: $80 + $10 lobster no alcoholic

Coral point diving: $80 no alcoholic

Santo domingo vacation d'elite: $75 lobster alcoholic

anybody has the experience with them? Seems Santo domingo vacation d'elite is the best C/P I can find. are they ok? thanks.

barcelona
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Full Day Saona and Catalinita excursion

I found Bayahibe Fishing Centre with lobster and drinks $65 from Bayahive

barcelona
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Full Day Saona and Catalinita excursion

I found Bayahibe Fishing Centre with lobster and drinks $65 from Bayahive

Montreal
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Full Day Saona and Catalinita excursion

yeah, but their website Spanish only and not mention anywhere the tour going beach Canto de la Playa. Thanks anyway.

Birmingham...
Level Contributor
150 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Full Day Saona and Catalinita excursion

Had a fantastic day with Seavis on the Saona VIP. Visited Mano Juan where we had our meal, lobster if you wished and plenty of rum. Then Canto de la Playa for snorkeling.

Katie

barcelona
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Full Day Saona and Catalinita excursion

The go to Canto de la Playa and Playa de Pepe which no one goes there but them. Alone at the beach. The website is in English but that part about Saona, dont know why.

I emailed them and got a quick response

In English

They have very good reviews on Tripadvisor and are number 2 listed on Things to do in Bayahive

barcelona
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Full Day Saona and Catalinita excursion

tripadvisor.es/Attraction_Review-g663484-d20…

Edited: 18 October 2013, 21:46
Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,296 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Full Day Saona and Catalinita excursion

There are few companies that do go to Canto de la Playa, ProExcursions and Seavis does to.

Nobody is allowed to go to Catalinita island now, it's prohibited by Ministry of Tourism, only Seavis has it on their website because they don't like to mislead their clients. So if somebody does offer you a Catalinita Island trip they are bluffing. The farthest east anybody can go now is up to mangroves, that's all. The reason the area is closed is to protect the wildlife.

Also when you are choosing an excursion company, you have to know what you wants ... going on a huge catamaran with additional 40 + tourists or a smaller catamaran or a boat with more private setting.

You can hire a private boat too ...

When comparing prices, you always get what you pay for. Before you book with anybody check what boat they are using for the excursion and decide how you want to spend your day. Trip to Saona takes 50 minutes minimum if you go directly from Bayahibe bay. With stops on the way it could take easily 2 hours depending on the schedule of the excursion.

Happy travel

Denise

Barnoldswick...
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Full Day Saona and Catalinita excursion

Weve just been to the saona vip trip today with Seavis absolutely brilliant. Best trip weve ever been on.camt recommend Seavis highly enough.

Montreal
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Full Day Saona and Catalinita excursion

Thanks for the answer Denise, Gary, Katie and Yosuahh. I think most people take Seavis and I think they are good too. the only problem is I have only Sunday to go for the excursion. It seems they close on sunday, well at least not for english. I will try to email them to see if they can make it sunday otherwise i have to take other company. thanks again for the info everyone.

Montreal
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Full Day Saona and Catalinita excursion

BTW, Seavis' website is the best I can see. It has most detail information for tourist. Dont understand why other companies can't do the same thing.