We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hit me....

Which Bayahibe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
1,176 reviews
Save Topic
Hit me....

Ok we booked for a last minute getaway--November 20-24. I have been to DR 5x before but to Punta Cana, Puerto Plata and La Samana. First time here in Bayahibe. Its not a long trip, but I do want to see some sights---La Saona, do some shopping, snorkeling and DR dining.

We are booked at Viva Dominicus Beach--so please give me any tips to get my trip started--I usually have more time to research..

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
1,176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hit me....

Not that Im complaining----lol..good to get away last minute

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hit me....

Viva Beach has a reef in the swimming area which is quiet entretaining. If you take some bread you will have new little friends

Do stick to the swimming area as there is boat traffic

Other places to snorkel at Catalina island as there is a coral wall that sourrounds the island and some parts of Saona island

You are next to National East Park and if you like trekking there is a couple of routes you can do but dont forget to take water with you and mosquito repellent.

Known routes Padre Nuestro and Guaraguao. Do some research

Best to do it in the morning

You can also do part of the routes on a horseriding trip

Nearby Altos de Chavon which has great views to the river and a roman amphitheater

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hit me....

Here's some maps of Dominicus - the area around Viva resorts

bayahibesup.com/bayahibe-map/…

And one of Bayahibe http://bayahibesup.com/bayahibe-map/

Happy travels!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
1,176 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hit me....

from my hotel how far is the walk into National East Park?

Where should I shop for souveniers?

5. Re: Hit me....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2014, 05:17